General Meeting - Tuesday 16 June

Bec

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ash also stated that there were people who never PM'd, called or emailed him and that issues were not raised at the meeting...only on the keyboard 2 hours after the meet. And from what I've seen in this thread, the issues were brushed off as non-constructive criticism. Giving people a voice when they are afraid to talk? How is that supposed to create more problems? It's obvious from the past few pages in this thread that something at the meeting should have been said...in hindsight, if I could go back and say it I would.

It can cause problems because second hand info isn't always said as the initial person wanted it. Good example is on The Simpsons, with the teachers on strike, and the purple monkey dishwasher scene.

And you can also quote The Simpsons for almost anything :)

Well the last several pages where unexpected.

I had a good night, i like the hoody's (thats why i bought 2, 1 for myself and one for my mate vince) and even got to talk to ryan about a possible deca day in August which has my ears pricked up and several others.

thanks to Ash, Bec, Wayne, Ryan, Andrew for informing us how much fun tasmania can be and all others behind the scene's.

davo

Some of the video's with sound :D

Oh - and one of the things I didn't mention (for those that know me I can quite happily stand up there and talk for hours but I knew you all were there to see the hoodies so I tried to keep it as brief as I could!) - Classics which I mentioned were for cars 1990 - 1947 have another rule in that they cannot be 4wd at all (so NO R32 GT-R's - take that hoodies!). As a consequence this year one of the most competative cars was an R32 GTST. (ended up finishing 3rd out-right in Classics - thats Marlin on these forums incase this little prattle inspires anyone).

What's more impressive for me is that over all of the stages I did I never once beat him on a stage time. Now Marlin drove the year before in an R34 GT-R N1 and he even smashed his own R34 times in his little R32 GTST - so you don't need a mega KW GT-R down there thats for sure. His little car weighs a few hundred kg's less than my thing and once you get into those windy roads that's a bigger advantage than HP and AWD.

Food for thought.

Here are some of his video's.

And

(he has plenty more!)

What's more impressive for me is that over all of the stages I did I never once beat him on a stage time. Now Marlin drove the year before in an R34 GT-R N1 and he even smashed his own R34 times in his little R32 GTST - so you don't need a mega KW GT-R down there thats for sure. His little car weighs a few hundred kg's less than my thing and once you get into those windy roads that's a bigger advantage than HP and AWD.

Food for thought.

Here are some of his video's.

Impressive indeed catching up (and passing) the GTR in front of him.

That's what I like to hear!

Haha, now after this huge thread, and after so much arguing, can someone please post up a pic of the hoodie? I still dont even know what it looks like!

Need to see what all this fuss is about...!

P.S No more need for arguing.

Wow....talk about 9 pages of dribble.

Having served on the committee in the past I can honestly say that while not all of you may like or agree with what your President does they are ALWAYS willing to listen to input from members and act on it or take a vote - it's your club. Problem is no one is ever willing to give any until they don’t like something which is typical and why I wouldn't take the job again if you paid me.

Kris - As usuall it's quite easy to see why SAU would never want to put you in any sort of role, you’re a child and continue to promote this.

As for the rest of you guys who have some very strong opinions and input, might we expect to see you sitting for roles on the committee next AGM? Hope so because that type of input is valuable, pop your money where your mouth (or in this case keyboard) is :D

As for the rest of you guys who have some very strong opinions and input, might we expect to see you sitting for roles on the committee next AGM? Hope so because that type of input is valuable, pop your money where your mouth (or in this case keyboard) is :blink:

Yep! My actions follow my words and I would be happy to help where needed and where I can. That said, I don't think someone should have to volunteer their services in order to have an opinion on something. Afterall, we ask people to vote for a Government party or a referendum without taking on a role in public service.