SAU Community

R32 Rb20det Oil Pressure Problem

DuFFR32

Oil pressure guage in my 32.... reads 0 to 4 to 8? kpa i think . well mine will only goes to just under 4 but never goes over 4 and after awhile nearly drops to zero when its warm and also when its cold also changes with the car being up or down a hill. I changed the oil 3 days ago with motul turbolight and replaced oil filter and have checked level several times. I noticed this might be an issue as I dont want to kill the engine from lack of pressure :P

what pressure should it be running at?

I would suggest using contact cleaner to clean the oil pressure switch (near the oil filter), as a dirty sender can send wrong data. If it's still reads the same I would try an aftermarket pressure gauge.

post-51527-1244608777_thumb.jpg

I kind of have the same problem, my o/p will drop below 4 maybe 3/4 of the way from 0-4, but i also have an aftermarket gauge to fallback on, best bet is to get an aftermarket and act what "Moodles2" said.

I read the owners manual last night and at idle pressure should be 1 kpa, 2kpa at 3000rpm and 4kpa at 6000rpm.

on the highway at 100kph my engine sits around 2900rpm and the oil pressure sometimes sits on 3.8kpa and other times sits just above zero lol I will clean the oil sender but really starting to think of getting aftermarket guage, what are some good brands

Any of the jap gauges, the sandwich plate to connect the aftermarket gauge is as important as the gauge itself, the cheap chinese ones (cooling-pro) ect. aren't exactly bolton and known to leak.

Started my car this morning and oil pressure went straight to 4kpa! thats on idle so is that a bad thing? drove to work and it kinda went up a tiny bit but pretty much stayed on 4.

any one else have this problem?

The r32 oil pressure plays up in every r32. I wouldnt bother analysing it as none of them work correctly.

Under the oil pressure gauge is a light, you only need to worry when that light turns on. As that light tells you your pressure is gonerz.

Mine always sits on 0 but then jumps up etc.

Best is to get an aftermarket gauge and then monitor the oil pressure to see if you really have a problem.

Else, you could go to any mechanic and ask to do a oil pressure test and they can let you know if there really is a problem.

The r32 oil pressure plays up in every r32. I wouldnt bother analysing it as none of them work correctly.

Under the oil pressure gauge is a light, you only need to worry when that light turns on. As that light tells you your pressure is gonerz.

Mine always sits on 0 but then jumps up etc.

Best is to get an aftermarket gauge and then monitor the oil pressure to see if you really have a problem.

Else, you could go to any mechanic and ask to do a oil pressure test and they can let you know if there really is a problem.

remember oil pressure is like blood pressure take it serious.

just to add to what has already bin said

there is a bolt that controls the pressure at the lower end of the oil pump (when the sump is removed) it is spring t

ensioned but if it slackens the oil pressure will also drop.