SAU Community

are you sure its a v-spec II because it is missing its carbon bonnet and rear carbon diffuser also the rear v-spec II sticker looks suss its not sitting in the right spot its too far to the left on the rear bumber, did you run the vin number through the nissan fast software?

While that may send off warning signals there are other factors that may have lead to the sticker having to be re-added to the car. resprays, accident damage or such. Its also possible that the CF bonnet may have been switched out...there are extra reasons for everything =b

As long as hes happy with it, should be all that really matters.

Cant be any worse than most of the GTS-ts in melbourne having GTR badges fitted to their boots.

Half of which are probably stolen from real GTRs...damn badge thieves.

are you sure its a v-spec II because it is missing its carbon bonnet and rear carbon diffuser also the rear v-spec II sticker looks suss its not sitting in the right spot its too far to the left on the rear bumber, did you run the vin number through the nissan fast software?

Its true, my bonnet is sold cos i wanted the ztune one so alot of people will have the same thoughts and yeah the rear bar was probably resprayed due to a crappy carpark driver (my front bar has been sprayed already and needs another one again; damn careless carparks grrrrr.)

Its true, my bonnet is sold cos i wanted the ztune one so alot of people will have the same thoughts and yeah the rear bar was probably resprayed due to a crappy carpark driver (my front bar has been sprayed already and needs another one again; damn careless carparks grrrrr.)

Thanks for the backup =D

But yeah there are any number of reasons it could be like that.

Not bad, Andy.

When are you putting 2bar through it? Going to put the wheels from the STi on the GTR? :dry:

good luck fitting the wheels!

anyway, VERY nice car Andy. wish i could afford one myself!

While that may send off warning signals there are other factors that may have lead to the sticker having to be re-added to the car. resprays, accident damage or such. Its also possible that the CF bonnet may have been switched out...there are extra reasons for everything =b

As long as hes happy with it, should be all that really matters.

Cant be any worse than most of the GTS-ts in melbourne having GTR badges fitted to their boots.

Half of which are probably stolen from real GTRs...damn badge thieves.

yes thats pathetic

theres a black R34 GT-T with a GT-R badge at the boot

the whole car looks nothing like a GT-R

to me thats degrading the GT-R image

good luck fitting the wheels!

anyway, VERY nice car Andy. wish i could afford one myself!

Haha, nah, it's a little joke between Andy and I. Told him not to put crappy wheels on the GTR! We know each other because of our STi ownership (ex for me).

From what he told me, the diffuser was stolen in Japan, and he's ordered a Top Secret diffuser as a replacement. The abscence of the carbon bonnet is a mystery..

i was thinking more along the lines of the STi being 5x100 and they actually wouldnt fit the GTR :P

+1 for who cares about where the parts have gone. he is happy, thats all that matters!

• 2 weeks later...

Andy sent me a couple of pictures of his car, and i noticed something strange:

getattachmentrmn.jpg

His rear diff doesn't look like mine. Is it possible that his car is a non Vspec (without active diff)?

We're just trying to work out which exact model his car is. Is has Vspec II interior, but no bonnet or diffuser. Also his MFD doesn't display intake and exhaust temp, which i believe is featured on Vspec's...Hope i'm wrong for his sake!

Edited by Huy

looks like it is not a v-spec II, the black interior is shared between the standard and v-spec II models from october 2000 onwards as are the N1 rear disc rotors so this is not really a way to tell the difference ,the MFD should have 7 parameters for a v-spec/v-specII/m-spec where as the standard model eg non v-spec will only have 5 parameters also check the tacho the 1 to 3 on the v-spec models will be compressed this is if it is the orginal speedo ,you can also check the code on the build plate look at the 6th letter it should start with GGJPRW the W means its a v-spec/v-spec II etc if it has a V instead of the W it is a non v-spec model