SAU Community

Check Engine Light, Car Won't Start

Coxie

Ok so I had the ecu out just to see whether it was a completely stock ecu or remapped etc, and when i plugged it in again, they car started and ran for about 1 minute then died and hasn't started since, when I turn the ignition on the check engine light stays on and won't go out like it should do. When i put the ecu into diagnostic mode it flashes code 55 meaning everything should be fine? but still the car won't start. I can not smell any fuel in the exhaust after cranking, but can hear the fuel pump prime when i turn ignition on... so maybe something to do with the injectors? or could it be the airflow meter? the ecu has a bit of dodgy wiring behind it where something has been tapped into it in the past but everything looks like it's connected to where it should be so I don't know whats causing the problem? Any ideas guys...?

If I wrere you I would firstly only look at the things you touched and not jump to other conclusions yet - why not pull out the ecu again and make sure all pins/connectors are OK - re-connect evrything and try a start again - no doubt others will offer suggestions also

Already checked the plug plenty of times to make sure it's connected properly but no luck... As soon as I turn the ignition on it just starts flashing code 55 and won't start

checked the engine control fuses in the under dash fusebox and one is blown so hopefully this solves my problem! Will let you know the outcome when my battery is charged

funkymonkey - yeah starter motor was working, engine was definately cranking over.

lachlan33 - yeah there was a wire that has a joiner in it that came apart but like i mentioned earlier in the thread i'd already checked all the connections.

Problem was th blown fuse, not sure how or why it blew but guess it was just doing it's job, starting fine now.

Thanks guys

Did you disconnect your battery when taking the ECU in and out? If not that may be way the fuse went? Seems possible to me anyway. Its always a good idea to disconnect the battery when doing anything with the electronics of the car.