SAU Community

Gtr Haters

Godcla

Visiting a few Car Forums last night and came across an Article about the R35 which took me to

a Forum "Rennteam"........

WOW........Takes GTR Hating to new levels......one eyed narrow minded arragent Porsche Nazis bagging a product

they have never owned driven or probably even seen in the flesh.

Just seems like most negative opinions and judgments are coming from Porsche Nazis........

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visiting a few Car Forums last night and came across an Article about the R35 which took me to

a Forum "Rennteam"........

WOW........Takes GTR Hating to new levels......one eyed narrow minded arragent Porsche Nazis bagging a product

they have never owned driven or probably even seen in the flesh.

Just seems like most negative opinions and judgments are coming from Porsche Nazis........

Pretty sure their German and their home track is "The Ring" and they do race Porsche so sounds like sour grapes to me.

Pretty sure their German and their home track is "The Ring" and they do race Porsche so sounds like sour grapes to me.

I just about got raped when I stood up for the GTR.......They got hard core personal calling me names and nothing but

personal attacks........WOW......I would hate to own a GTR in Germany.......I would end up in Auswichtz...... :)

I just about got raped when I stood up for the GTR.......They got hard core personal calling me names and nothing but

personal attacks........WOW......I would hate to own a GTR in Germany.......I would end up in Auswichtz...... :)

If they could catch you

actaully they are brisbane based. live in eatons hill from memory. team Rennon. he has mainly euro cars in his possesseion.

No no not the Brissy Rennons.These Renns are the German side of the family,you know the Nurberg based clan.Check out Renn TV if you actually GAF.

No no not the Brissy Rennons.These Renns are the German side of the family,you know the Nurberg based clan.Check out Renn TV if you actually GAF.

Yea......most show Germany on their profile.......GTR's will be banned from the Ring soon I reckon...... :blink:

Edited by Godcla

I was was wondering why my BMW X5 was looking funny at my new R35 in the shed..........

Must be under team orders to give attitude........haha

My XR6 Turbo ute knows its place......just give off rubber smoke when required & pay all homage

to new king of the garage.

i'd still rather a porsche

My Porsche CS is a great Sports Car.....the quality is Garmany's best and it does everything well......but if you

want R35 Performance.......300k plus please.

Not to mention the third party performance parts/help to be had for GTR's are all going to be a lot more affordable.

PS: Also in a Porsche you get dirty looks and attidude from most....but the R35 is welcome with open hands (except Germany... :P )

I was was wondering why my BMW X5 was looking funny at my new R35 in the shed..........

Must be under team orders to give attitude........haha

My XR6 Turbo ute knows its place......just give off rubber smoke when required & pay all homage

to new king of the garage.

As I also keep the Cayman S in the same Garage as the R35 I have to keep covers on both at all times

as I fear the Cayman may bite the R35 when I'm not there........... :P

PS: It's all good.....would be boring if we had nothing to compare our rides against......R35 is the best performance bargain ever...!

Edited by Godcla

Yep, true dat. Performance bargain. I am just getting settled in to mine, but can already see greatness.

I love porches, have driven all except GT2 & would love to have a Turbo in the shed ( & maybe I will oneday!)

but for now am happy to play with my Jappers.

I just sold a BMW 550i & will miss the european smoothness & comfort because a regular daily driver my R35 is NOT!

Of course that does not matter on Sunday morning when the hills are beckoning..........

Hey Godcla, are you going to post pictures of your cars or are you just going to tease us?

If possible, can you post a few photos of your exige? Those things are awesome, I'd love to own one some day. How do you find it compared to your other cars?

Hey Godcla, are you going to post pictures of your cars or are you just going to tease us?

If possible, can you post a few photos of your exige? Those things are awesome, I'd love to own one some day. How do you find it compared to your other cars?

+1

love the little things

The Exige is pure Lotus as it gives the Driver so much feedback (very nervous feel to it at speed)....this tends to allow you to take it to an inch of it's limits .....Build quality is OK....but could be a lot better.

Cayman S is more removed and relaxed but harder to gauge it's limits and has thrown me a surprise or two when playing around bumpy corners

in lower gears and foot on the pedal.......no LSD so it can spin-up on the inside around bumpy corners and throw it's bum out.......all good but as

electronics sort it quickly.

Build quality is the best in the world.

GTR R35.......I have 6000k's now and am amazed every time I drive it.......This Car has ruined me wanting to drive anything else as it has everything I

EVER WANTED IN A PERFORMANCE CAR ......Handling is fantastic....just does everything so well and love playing in the wet.

So now I am only driving the others as to keep the batteries charged.

Build Quality: Very Good.

Hey Below is some pics....Exige in bits as we fitted a Genuine Lotus Sports 240R SC Kit and the Forged Lotus sports wheels and AP Racing Rotors/Calipers..

Special Oil Pan .....SS Braided Lines...etc...etc..........155 Pieces changed in Total.....

post-61096-1244894454_thumb.jpg

post-61096-1244894487_thumb.jpg

post-61096-1244894540_thumb.jpg

post-61096-1244894561_thumb.jpg

post-61096-1244894591_thumb.jpg

Edited by Godcla

Killer. I took my wife out for our first sat night cruise in the R35. We decided to take a little spin up the freeway after dinner & just happened to pull up next to a bright red GT3 & an XR V8 ute at the lights at the bottom.

What a dust up......... brilliant car. My two R33 GTRs have heaps more power but this R35 is so refined

& feels really fast. Amazing thing is it is going even faster than it feels!

My first encounter......... Porsche 0 Nissan 1

Also like being able to pull up next to cops & not having to worry about defect (bit of a problem in a 500+kw

external wastegate GTR!)

I am going to enjoy getting to know this car.

Killer. I took my wife out for our first sat night cruise in the R35. We decided to take a little spin up the freeway after dinner & just happened to pull up next to a bright red GT3 & an XR V8 ute at the lights at the bottom.

What a dust up......... brilliant car. My two R33 GTRs have heaps more power but this R35 is so refined

& feels really fast. Amazing thing is it is going even faster than it feels!

My first encounter......... Porsche 0 Nissan 1

Also like being able to pull up next to cops & not having to worry about defect (bit of a problem in a 500+kw

external wastegate GTR!)

I am going to enjoy getting to know this car.

I have only had one very late model 911 next to me and I think he knew it was going to be one sided and behaved himself and stayed just in my quater panel...I can't get any serious takers.....I think they are all in the know...... :(

Some more Pics of Exige 240R Mods....

Pan.....AP Rotors going on....and pile of 240R SC Kit straight from Lotus Sport UK....

post-61096-1244897069_thumb.jpg

post-61096-1244897102_thumb.jpg

post-61096-1244897151_thumb.jpg