SAU Community

03/04 350gt Vs 05/06 350gt

Hi All

Ive been out of the skyline game for a couple years after selling a 32 gtr and looking to get back in via a V35.

I have been doing the reading and searching etc but would be keen to get some feedback re the 03/04 vs 05/06 question.

I've chatted to a couple importers and it seems that an 03 silver manual is good buying at the moment, price hike for black and increase again for an 05. Is there much more than cosmetic differences between the newer models? I guess a couple years newer could mean less likely to have electrical issues etc. Are the Brembos in the older models far superior than the later factory brakes?

Any help would be great as Im lookin to get a car over asap ! :P

Thanks.

Tom

bodywise they are the same- interior /electrics - entirely different. see common faults for the coupe thread for key issues.

the later car has less hassles but cost is higher.

as wtih the jap suff don't expect a quick fix on the navi system or a language change. when the electronics do break they are not cheap to fix. the early radio is a good case. if it breaks it takes the HVAC system with it. later versions are the same.

Hey Tom,

The big question is money, if you have enough then get the 05/06, they are obviously newer and there were some changes made to differentiate from the earlier models.

Most notably is the interior, my opinion is the newer models are much better looking in that department, check it out below:

post-59969-1244854793_thumb.jpgpost-59969-1244854814_thumb.png

bodywise they are the same- interior /electrics - entirely different. see common faults for the coupe thread for key issues.

the later car has less hassles but cost is higher.

as wtih the jap suff don't expect a quick fix on the navi system or a language change. when the electronics do break they are not cheap to fix. the early radio is a good case. if it breaks it takes the HVAC system with it. later versions are the same.

what's the go re the radio, sounds like a bad news story?

To be honest i'm keen to keep things as simple as possible and happy to go without satnav and screens etc.

The later model is prolly pushing a bit hard pricewise as I'd like to keep it to around 25k but i understand the old get what you pay for story applies.

To be honest i'm keen to keep things as simple as possible and happy to go without satnav and screens etc.

The later model is prolly pushing a bit hard pricewise as I'd like to keep it to around 25k but i understand the old get what you pay for story applies.

i wouldn't necessarily say that i got myself an 03 stock as a block and havent had any issue whatsoever :P

2003/2004 - 6cd dies - $650 fix (I fix them),radio unit dies - takes out HVAC system . its a simple but time consuming fix. door locks die($350ish), window motors die ($500ish)

05/06 - yep to replace anything in one of those.

since you have the plain jane approach it takes out the navi and tv systems. if you can find one with the radio swapped out you solve the radio issue. the locks/window are a consumable item that dies with age.