SAU Community

Community Issue: North South Pipeline

BIGGERDave

Im aware that many of you probly already know about the brumby governments plan/situation of building a pipeline from lake Eildon, Golbourn valley district down to melbourne. In short this plan is rediculess becuase we have an un-elected premier building a pipeline we voted against which takes water from people who dont have any, and pipes it to a city that has other ways of getting more water cheaper, the idea behind the whole plan is f**king stupid. Watch this video please before commenting. This is one of the smartest videos ive seen in a while, if not ever and highlights very important matters that effects everybody in Victoria, with a twist of comedy so it isnt boring, hence thats why i posted it here (becuase it affects Victoria). The video gets better and better towards the end, and is a good watch, you wont be dissapointed.

My family are heavily affected by this issue as we live in one of the most affected districs, (i currently rent in melbourne becuase of university commitments, but had previously lived there my whole life until the last year, it affects not only our income and lively hood but the people we live around aswell.) Watch the video and tell as many people as you can to do the same, Would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx guys (again it will most likely affect you, please watch before commenting), Dave......................

P.S. another thing the video doesnt mention is that the government changed our water restrictions from 4B to level 1 when the pipe became an issue, making our restrictions less than melbournes in a place thats much more affected than melbourne, to make it look like we have the water to spare, when we simply dont. Currently our water storage that they plan to pipe from is at 11% as stated in the local paper. I wont go one, the video pretty much says it all, again worth the watch.

Thank you yet again for your time. Dave...............

They have struck problems with this pipeline coming into Yarra Glen, in that with the two possible options for the pipeline, one goes through the site of the former Yarra Glen hotel, that was burnt down about 100 years ago in a major bushfire, and has been placed onto a historical conservation listing, and the other option goes through an ancient aboriginal burial site. This has lead to the site being shut down for the last week or so, but the workers still attend each day for their allotted shifts, and then just sit around on our tab.

They also had to build a "S" bend into the pipe, involving going under (ripping up) Steels Creek road three times in 500meters, to avoid damaging a heritage listed tree, however, when it was realised that the site needed more toilets, the tree was removed to allow the toilets to be delivered...

That was an informed opinion/video, cheers.

It is outrageous and it's a shame that our say in the matter seems to mean nothing.

Couldnt have said it better myself mate, they could only care about themselves and not the other 99.9999999999999% of the community, the people.

We where in the flowerdale pub just after the bush fires and the pipeline workers where there. long story short the lady in charge of music said "heres a song for the pipeline boys" and everyone just started booing and shouting out shit. Then we all left and all the pipeline workers, alot of em irish, where big lads walking out of the flowerdale pub with bottles in there hands and locals much the same, f**k it was heated.

The real thing that shat me about the bushfires, apart from the deaths and loss of property, the thing that really pissed me off was that john brumby had the nerve to show his face in many of the effected towns of our district in order to show the people support; the very same people he's treated like utter dirt.

Edited by BIGGERDave

also this vid here:

If the libs build the mitchell dam, they will get into power... i guess it isnt as profitable or something, but f**k, it is depressing to watch that. clean solution VS pointless polution. same as coal VS nuclear really

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...2-25717,00.html

Edited by Ryan1600

Im aware that many of you probly already know about the brumby governments plan/situation of building a pipeline from lake Eildon, Golbourn valley district down to melbourne. In short this plan is rediculess becuase we have an un-elected premier building a pipeline we voted against which takes water from people who dont have any, and pipes it to a city that has other ways of getting more water cheaper, the idea behind the whole plan is f**king stupid. Watch this video please before commenting. This is one of the smartest videos ive seen in a while, if not ever and highlights very important matters that effects everybody in Victoria, with a twist of comedy so it isnt boring, hence thats why i posted it here (becuase it affects Victoria). The video gets better and better towards the end, and is a good watch, you wont be dissapointed.

My family are heavily affected by this issue as we live in one of the most affected districs, (i currently rent in melbourne becuase of university commitments, but had previously lived there my whole life until the last year, it affects not only our income and lively hood but the people we live around aswell.) Watch the video and tell as many people as you can to do the same, Would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx guys (again it will most likely affect you, please watch before commenting), Dave......................

P.S. another thing the video doesnt mention is that the government changed our water restrictions from 4B to level 1 when the pipe became an issue, making our restrictions less than melbournes in a place thats much more affected than melbourne, to make it look like we have the water to spare, when we simply dont. Currently our water storage that they plan to pipe from is at 11% as stated in the local paper. I wont go one, the video pretty much says it all, again worth the watch.

Thank you yet again for your time. Dave...............

Since you feel so strongly about it what are you doing to fix the problem, post a thread where everyone says "the government sucks" and then forgets about it, or maybe start a facebook group where ppl click to join and then forget about, or do you put in some time and energy and actually do some thing?

Personally i can see the bad points but as this is to benefit me and probably most of the people on this forum (vic section anyway) im happy to let it go on.

Since you feel so strongly about it what are you doing to fix the problem, post a thread where everyone says "the government sucks" and then forgets about it, or maybe start a facebook group where ppl click to join and then forget about, or do you put in some time and energy and actually do some thing?

Personally i can see the bad points but as this is to benefit me and probably most of the people on this forum (vic section anyway) im happy to let it go on.

Are you serious? Benefit you and everybody else. LOL, you dont care that the government has short handed you, gone back on its promiss (policy) from last election, has a premier that wasnt elected, is wasteing the money that they take out of your poket called tax to build something thats 3 times more expensive than the mitchell river damb, same as that f**king desal plant, when you could get more water, cleaner, cheaper, less emmisions and not at the cost of others, (water rights can range from, apon sale, from hundreds of thousands to millions of $, and yet we only get alocated 35%) with a premire who is clearly just trying to stay in power.

Did you even watch the Vid? clearly you didnt cos your water bill will also double as a result from the pipe line, where as it wouldnt if the damb was built. Bairnsdale wont get flooded as much, which runs fertalizers into the river amongest other things, aswell as f**king more peoples situation up, (Incase you didnt know fertalisers f**k up river systems, algae blooms.....). Yes it does benefit you, thats if there is water to pump, and now at 11% capacity, you wont get any water, and if you do it will be know where near as the promissed amount, but the alternatives are far better in every aspect. So let me get this straight, your prepared to let other people suffer for your own gain? when the alternatives are far better in every aspect, for everybody (people in horsham, yep benefit cos they wont have their tax being wasted), and dont involve your own governement lying to you.

Secondly i dont go to rallys, protests, y? cos they almost never work and just end up getting u in shit one way or another, where the best place to start is education, because education abolishes ignorance. if everybody knows whats really going on, the only way to stop it is through the people, becuase they are the ones who decides which party stays, and which party goes, hence, facebook groups, forums etc are a good idea. and i wasnt saying f**k the government, i was saying that clearly we have a premire who is short of a few brain cells, dont twist my words. Im not here to argue, only to make people aware, if your still happy then fine, do your own thing and we'll do ours.

Edited by BIGGERDave

The only pipeline i could see making sense,

would be taking water from somewhere where there is plenty of it and taking it down to where there is little

the only place i can think of that does have water is NT, and piping it down to melbourne would be not so practical

as it would take years and billions of dollars to lay such a pipeline

what the government is doing now is just wasting money

The only pipeline i could see making sense,

would be taking water from somewhere where there is plenty of it and taking it down to where there is little

the only place i can think of that does have water is NT, and piping it down to melbourne would be not so practical

as it would take years and billions of dollars to lay such a pipeline

what the government is doing now is just wasting money

Well said, couldnt agree more.

you dont care that the government has short handed you, gone back on its promiss (policy) from last election

I dont vote for that exact reason, what they say and what they do is rarely the same thing, they will find some excuse to either not do it or change the way they said they would do it.

is wasteing the money that they take out of your poket called tax to build something thats 3 times more expensive than the mitchell river damb, same as that f**king desal plant, when you could get more water, cleaner, cheaper, less emmisions and not at the cost of others, (water rights can range from, apon sale, from hundreds of thousands to millions of $, and yet we only get alocated 35%) with a premire who is clearly just trying to stay in power.

Yes i do but do you expect them to now say, "oops we f**ked up and wasted shitloads of money so we will stop what we are doing, which of course will cost shitloads more coz we have signed contracts with companys to build it", politicians are ego driven power hungry idiots, it has been proven time and time again that they dont care what the public want, they have there own agenda, come election time they will throw out promises (which they most likely wont keep) and hand out some money to community groups in a hope that it will erase all the bad things they have done 3 or 4 years earlier, which for a lot of people is exactly what will happen.

Did you even watch the Vid?

Yes

i wasnt saying f**k the government, i was saying that clearly we have a premire who is short of a few brain cells, dont twist my words.

Who is twisting words, i never said anything like that.

Edited by W0rp3D

all in all well said, but if we drop funding from desal plant + pipe line, we would still most likely have enuff money to build the mitchell river damb, seeing its so much cheaper.

one last thing, ya did say something like that.

post a thread where everyone says "the government sucks"
Edited by BIGGERDave

post a thread where everyone says "the government sucks" and then forgets about it
one last thing, ya did say something like that.

I dont see in there any refference to you saying "f**k the government" and whilst the two phrase's are simialar they are far from the same, unless your a politician then you could change it around enough to make it look like i said "i want to rape your first born child".

Also let me clarify, im not saying what you are doing is a bad thing, i just dont think its going to change anything, something like this is best done in the lead up to an election where it keeps issues like this in the fore front of peoples minds whne they go to the polling booth.

I dont see in there any refference to you saying "f**k the government" and whilst the two phrase's are simialar they are far from the same, unless your a politician then you could change it around enough to make it look like i said "i want to rape your first born child".

?

You did say, "post a thread where EVERYBODY says the governemnt sucks", and everybody does mean everyone included, the whole lot, u + ME + the rest, as u see everybody does imply me. So infact it seems that the only person who is twisting others words is you.

Edited by BIGGERDave

?

You did say, "post a thread where EVERYBODY says the governemnt sucks", and everybody does mean everyone included, the whole lot, u + ME + the rest, as u see everybody does imply me. So infact it seems that the only person who is twisting others words is you.

Maybe its just me but the phrase "you suck" and "f**k you" are on 2 completely different levels.

Maybe its just me but the phrase "you suck" and "f**k you" are on 2 completely different levels.

Did i ever say, specifically that you said that i was saying f**k the government? becuase if i did plz show me clear as day.

i was simply explaining that my atitude wasnt that the government is f**ked and that it sucks blah blah blah. I never said that u said i said that. i was explaining that u said that i was posting up a thread where everybody posts that the government sucks, nd u replied that u didnt say that. If any of that makes sense ;) . Personally im over it, we sound like children.

As said i posted this thread not to argue (even though i am) but to make people aware.

Edited by BIGGERDave

Did i ever say, that you said that i was saying f**k the government? becuase if i did plz show me clear as day.

i was simply explaining that my atitude wasnt that the government is f**ked and i never said that u said i said that. i was explaining that u said that i was posting up a thread where everybody posts that the government sucks, nd u replied that u didnt say that. If any of that makes sense ;) . Personally im over it, we sound like children.

Oh i see, well now its clear, yes i did say that, and i do think that people will post that view (not in so few words).

Sorted.