SAU Community

R35 Stocker Brake Pads

LSX-438

I've just tried some Carbotech XP12 pads (for track work) and to be honest i wasnt overly impressed. Plus they squeal like there is no tomorrow (after a few days of light road use, like most track pads i guess) and it's a major PITA - so i've just put the stocker pads back on (super quiet again, thank god).

Anyway has anyone priced the stocker pads? From Nissan it's probably a bloody fortune, so i am not going to bother asking. But, perhaps someone has sourced them elsewhere? They are Brembo pads right?

you're right, they are a fortune I can't remember exactly but it was around $1000 per axle set. look at endless or project mu. they both make great pads and should be more reasonable $$ wise. they do everything from nice quiet, low dust street pads to dusty as fk, hard when cold, agressive, 800C track pads.

that would be about right for one axle set. ie both front calipers (4 pads total). they never sell just 1 calipers worth and PMU sometimes offer full sets too (ie all pads front and rear, but $600 would be a bargain for a 35).

I picked up some Ferodo DS2500 pads for the front end yesterday, $495.

Also got some new AP rotors for $825ea too, curved slots.

I think this combo (Ferodo pads + AP rotors) will be very close to stocker setup, with the discs certainly better, but we'll see.

Out of interest, has anyone got a price from Nissan on stocker rotors or pads yet?

I assume it will be in the order of 2x the cost? - i am not even going to ask!

I picked up some Ferodo DS2500 pads for the front end yesterday, $495.

Also got some new AP rotors for $825ea too, curved slots.

I think this combo (Ferodo pads + AP rotors) will be very close to stocker setup, with the discs certainly better, but we'll see.

Out of interest, has anyone got a price from Nissan on stocker rotors or pads yet?

I assume it will be in the order of 2x the cost? - i am not even going to ask!

How are you? I hope all is well. I hope you are sitting down when you hear the OEM brake prices...OEM pads are $725 USD for front and $483 USD for the rear. The rotors (front or rear) are $1081 USD. Crazy expensive!

We offer a 'track brake package' with front and rear XP12 pads (noisy but they bite well...we can also exchange these for any other pad we offer such as Ferodo, etc.), front and rear AP Racing J-hook rotors, T1R V2 stainless steel braided brake lines, and 2x bottles of Motul RBF600 fluid for $3000 USD, with international orders getting a $75 credit toward shipping costs:

https://www.speedforsale.com/nissangtrparts...jjgv0cp0gfi5g94

Duncan

Front pads about $2000 and the rotors about $1700 each for gen brem, I mean nissan. :)

That's a pity they are so expensive. I actually liked the stocker pad/rotor combination, better than i thought it would be anyway, even for the circuit i found them fine. Since i've used aftermarket pads the stocker rotors have started to crack though. Higher friction & more heat, to be expected i suppose.

Thanks for the prices guys, hopefully the price for the stocker parts will come down in future.

• 1 month later...
I found a set of Project MU street spec pads for about $600. Does this sound right for a front set (both sides) or just one side?

Hi Priestley,

Which model of Project Mu pads were you quoted $600 for ? Was that price for front and rear pads (ie all 4 corners of the car) or front pads only ?

Project Mu makes 3 models of street / sports pads for the R35 - the TYPE NS, B-SPEC and the TYPE HC+.

Australian prices for the R35 for Type NS front pads is AU$390. Rear pads for the R35 start at AU$249 for the NS pads.

So if you were quoted $600 for NS front and NS rear pads that's about $39 below standard Australian pricing.

We have a page on our website explaining the differences between each Project Mu pad compound available for the R35 (street / sports and competition pads, with temperature and Friction Coefficient specs) here ...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Online_Store/r35_pads.html

- The Tuners Group

FWIW guys i have been using Ferodo DS2500 pads, about $490 (fronts) and $440 (rears) - i think these are the closest to stocker pads you will find. I've run them at the track a few times are they are very comparable to stocker performance, progressive feel and noise (not really squeaky at all). Send me a PM if you want a contact to buy these.

• 4 months later...

Just in case you need the parts #'s here are some I have parted out with. I know this is an old thread

also here are the caliper dust boot part #'s

Front caliper is a 6piston.

Front 20.9716.01 F

Rear is a 4 piston caliper. ® 20.9717.07

Dust boots PN # 20-4872-41

Front:(dia.)

20487244 = 36mm

20487243 = 34mm

20487241 = 30mm

Rear:

20487243 = 34mm

20487241 = 30mm

DSCN5240.jpg

Edited by racer98

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

thread mining again.

What have been peoples experiences with R35 pads?

I have tried Carbotech xp12's (great bite but squealed like a cop on the street) DS2500's (about the same as stocker pads) Hawk's (did not sweep the entire rotor, 10mm less!) and MX72's (not as much bite as the xp12's but virtually squeal free on the street, and kind to rotors).

Anyone tried the project mu HC+ in their r35? if so, did they squeal? how did they perform?

they seem "cheap" about $800 for a full set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow those nissan prices are criminal.

Anyway i have been using Endless ccRg the last couple of track days; they seem to have the street manners of the mx72's but with more bite. They feel awesome. I think about $700 to $800 (for the fronts AND backs, yes total cost for four corners)

No squeal yet.

I think they work up to about 800*c so less fade too.

Edited by LSX-438