SAU Community

Profec B Installed... Help Please

islade

Hey guys,

I just installed a profec B spec 2 boost controller in my car.

The solenoid is definately connected to the wastegate and the 'compressor nipple' (which was working fine at 8psi without solenoid so i know its a good source)

Power is connected, the unit lights up, and appears to be working properly.

Boost source to controller is good, it's connected with a Y piece to the boost guage right beside it, and the profec shows the correct boost level.

The cable that goes unit->solenoid is definately plugged into the back of the unit and the solenoid.

I've put the unit on hi, and turned it up to 50% without changing other settings, but it still just sits at 8psi.

In case i'm a retard and did it wrong, i swapped the hoses into the solenoid, but this also made no difference

What can I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Isaac

Sure you are setting the boost and not the gain?

Yea, positive :banana:

There is a third 'air hole' that is covered, i think it's used if you have an external gate, but the instructions say (after re-reading them) to remove covers off all holes, so i've removed that, will test drive this afternoon to check :)

Yea, positive :thumbsup:

There is a third 'air hole' that is covered, i think it's used if you have an external gate, but the instructions say (after re-reading them) to remove covers off all holes, so i've removed that, will test drive this afternoon to check :)

It should work now that cover needs to bleed to atmoshphere otherwise you will not have control of boost from what i can remember with mine let us know how you go.

There is a third 'air hole' that is covered, i think it's used if you have an external gate, but the instructions say (after re-reading them) to remove covers off all holes, so i've removed that, will test drive this afternoon to check :thumbsup:

Yep, there's your problem.

New hoses.

I think it would be the 'blocked off third hole' that caused it, from rereading the instructions.

I'll post back and let you know once tested... If i don't reply.... it worked and i'm having too much fun boostin' :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

anyone have any more tips and pointers ive just installed one in my car but i cant seem to get it working, and i have tripple checked the connections are correct maybe ill try removing the cap also

and i have no idea what to set the gain and settings on argh doing my head in

anyone have any more tips and pointers ive just installed one in my car but i cant seem to get it working, and i have tripple checked the connections are correct maybe ill try removing the cap also

I installed this along with a new turbo, which was having wastegate problems, so i needed to unblock that piece, but it still didn't work until i got the wastegate fixed :)

The cap has to be removed, that is the whole point, how is it ment to bleed out air if it is blocked.

Yeh i've got a Profec Spec B II as well, Hightboost 17psi and low boost 14psi. The caps have to be removed for the air to bleed out. To make your boost go up you should move up the gain %% , your boost should go up.. if its not then have you checked your actuator?

heres a pic of mine this is how mine is connected.

img0257bq.th.jpg