SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

I know, but you could still remove the HDD from the stuffed PS3, put it in the new PS3, perform the backup to an external HDD then put the original HDD back in the new PS3 and "restore"

nah, that won't work i tried it in my flatmate's ps3 a few months ago. each ps3 writes its own unique "code" into it's original hard drive so it knows when your trying to use a different drive. and if you ever try use another hdd, it won't work unless you let it format the drive to the new console, thus erasing everything on it. not ideal.

a computer cannot read the old drive, installed internally or externally (tried this also) as ps3 data is very well encrypted and no ones managed to make a program to decrypt it.

apparently microsoft have no issues with people recovering their data from failed xbox hard drives. why cant sony stop being such kunce and do the same

lol i made two new drivers before to fill up the extra driver slots, and threw them in with another 2 drivers to do the 4hr roadster endurance. each driver did one hour each, in one race both drivers went from level 0 to level 17. thats how i roll

Found an article about red bull talking about getting the fastest time around pikes peak in gt5 despite the fact that it doesn't seem to be in gt5. Think it was later taken down but Has anyone else seen this or read anymore about it?

Had been speculated as a bonus track but I'd say it's just a mistake or something being taken out of context

nah, that won't work i tried it in my flatmate's ps3 a few months ago. each ps3 writes its own unique "code" into it's original hard drive so it knows when your trying to use a different drive. and if you ever try use another hdd, it won't work unless you let it format the drive to the new console, thus erasing everything on it. not ideal.

a computer cannot read the old drive, installed internally or externally (tried this also) as ps3 data is very well encrypted and no ones managed to make a program to decrypt it.

apparently microsoft have no issues with people recovering their data from failed xbox hard drives. why cant sony stop being such kunce and do the same

What about the option under "backup"? Data Transfer I think it is called and is for moving HDD's into another PS3.

You'll have to get the old one working though :(

Mind you im playing with a controller and traction control and ASM on so when its oversteering its catching the car and putting fairly bad understeer into it which shoots it straight off if your not careful. Has anyone found a way to fix this?

G25/G27 solves that problem :thumbsup:

running the toyota with no traction control, even with a G25 its hard to keep the car in a straight line.

have any of you raced in the Japanese GT300/GT500 series rooms?? blooody hell i dont know how they get the NSX's to run that fast pinch.gif

yeah I have a steering wheel just nowhere to put it :P

I ordered a hyperdrive setup today, just one of the cheap ones with a padded seat, I dont really need to spend to much money on virtual racing lol. Should be much better with a wheel and such but

so i just did the a-spec roadster 4 hour race.. never again.

a-spec endurance racing on a playstation is just tedious work. seriously.

i started doing the 200km grand valley endurance on the weekend. got halfway through and gave up cause i was getting bored and had a headache. they really need to put a save function in the pits. with the 24 hour races do they really think anyone is actually going to sit there for 24 hours and race it in 1 hit? i can garantee that very few people will do it. hell in the real 24 hour races the drivers don't stay awake for the whole 24 hours, so if they want to make it more realistic then allow you to either save or make it so you have to use some of your B-spec drivers as well.

you're only real option then is to get a few mates around and take turns during pit stops...it's like real racing!

im visualizing this.

you:"hey bro, wanna come round this weekend and take shifts for the 24hr race on the playstation?"

person:"wtf? no.. leave me alone."

you:

Forever-Alone.jpg

ahahahahaha.

what would be good would be if you could organise an online team for them so each person just has to be online at a certain time and they take over from you when you pit. then you could have each person do say 2 hours per turn and if you had 4 or 5 people then you'd only need to have your turn every 8 or 10 hours. for the 4 hour race you could just do an hour each.

Nothing is worse than the indy 500. It is brain numbingly boring, started it last night thinking I could do it easily but I had to stop after the first hundred laps it was litteraly making me fall asleep, finished it this morning though and only got me halfway to level 29, thank god there are more seasonal events up it will give us all a break from the enduros not that they are much of a challenge like the last ones were.

Imagine being a NASCAR driver. You'd drive the long way around the block just to avoid having to turn left :down:

So I bought an Elise brand new 'tother day, then sold it without driving it, just to have the paint sample to use on my MP4-12C. Anyone else tragic like me?

I used my chrome sample on the F1, but got sick of it and sprayed it a fairly brutal shade of yellow, then went back to blue (Monterey rather than Bayside this time) :teehee: