SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

yeah i noticed that with my old PS2 controller when i got a new one too.

yeah i got the same car FD spirit blah blah '02 (premium one)

thanks for the tips jon, sounds about what im running anyways. and yes overbraking at tsu is the devil. will give it another go soon.

the nascar around the ring........easy to win...but i ran off the track soo many times it took me hours of yelling at it. finally got a good run and was in first before the carousel. yay for a million bucks to waste on old cars :)

seriously tho. who decided that Nascars, which aren't designed to do alot of corners....and put em around that track......which has 170.....

cant say it wasnt fun tho, and with a bit of tweaking the cars drive quite well.

FINALLY!!! got my Tommy Kaira ZZII in the used car lot. loved that thing in GT4...and hopeflly will again. still waiting for my 400R

Edited by boiracer

the ZZII fark yes! 1000kg, 4wd mid engine in a small tight body, 550hp nissan RB26! fast as farrrkkk! whats not to like??!!

its a dam shame that car isn't premium

Edited by jonboy

will do Matt.......cant wait to get it. between the 400R and ZZII they are my fav cars from the last game.

and yes the ZZII is epic mid engine light wieght GTRness at its bestest. in GT4 you could push more than 900hp out of it. havent done it up yet but im guessing thats not gonna happen.

Yeah I ran off in one spot on both laps, if not for that I would have won lol, oh well. Its fun but frustrating when that happens as its such a long two laps. 2nd is good enough for now :) pretty happy considering it was done with next to no tuning

Admire you guys for putting in the hard yards on GT5...

On Lv14 at the moment and I'm really struggling to get into it. I had bought and played all of the previous games in the series right back to the original on the PS1.

For mine, the negatives are far outweighing the positives at the moment. Will keep at it but find that I can't play it for more than 1-2 hours at a time which makes the learning curve even more difficult.

+ Stunning graphics and attention to detail on the cars

+ Amusing gameplay details that show a lot of love for the car

- Braindead AI: when accelerating hard down a straight alongside an AI opponent and you edge ahead, they "pit-manoeuvre" you and you need to be bloody fast / talented to catch the tail after that. There's still the sensation that all the AI cars are on a single predetermined racing line and do not have the depth to mix it up and dice with you; just barge you off or give you a massive love tap up the clacker.

- Unrealistic vehicle performance: my R35 (or 458) struggles to catch the 512BB, or Miura SV or LP400 Countach from a standing start. C'mon, these cars were bloody quick in their time, but would probably struggle to make a 14 second quarter and pale in comparison to the modern machinery. Raises my doubts about the rest of the realism TBH.

- Bewildering myriad of tyre options: Understand the need/want for some tyre variation, but the comfort tyres are completely useless and demand a very different driving style to make them work. Lotus Elise Top Gear test track challenge anyone? Slightest inputs on the wheel = wild oversteer; whether under brakes, under power, or constant throttle if contacted by an opponent.

- Gameplay formula: Despite some interesting new additions like the Special events (Nascar, AMG training, and unique rally gameplay) other elements like the license tests and boring as batsh*t endurance races (as you guys have already mentioned) don't really move the game on IMO.

- Convoluted menu system and loading times: I could get over these if the above problems weren't so apparent to me.

How are you guys getting by despite these issues? Do you guys use a wheel (Logitech G27, etc)?

i'll just leave this here, wasnt sure if it should go in the youtube thread, or here. But this was taken a few nights ago in one of the GT300 rooms online. the offline races just seem a bit boring after racing like this race after race :unsure: Edited by liger

I dont think the game gets to interesting till level 15 when you start unlocking some better events. Alot of the initial events arent very good and I was struggling at one point to keep an interest in the game. Its become alot better now, just wish I had my steering wheel setup ready so I could use it.

I got a thrustmaster Ferrari GT wheel as a gift but im not sure that I like it. Anyone else using one of these?

Its annoying that it isnt a pre configured wheel for GT5 as I have to change the controls to get it to work.....

On Lv14 at the moment and I'm really struggling to get into it. I had bought and played all of the previous games in the series right back to the original on the PS1.

For mine, the negatives are far outweighing the positives at the moment. Will keep at it but find that I can't play it for more than 1-2 hours at a time which makes the learning curve even more difficult.

- Braindead AI: when accelerating hard down a straight alongside an AI opponent and you edge ahead, they "pit-manoeuvre" you and you need to be bloody fast / talented to catch the tail after that. There's still the sensation that all the AI cars are on a single predetermined racing line and do not have the depth to mix it up and dice with you; just barge you off or give you a massive love tap up the clacker.

- Unrealistic vehicle performance: my R35 (or 458) struggles to catch the 512BB, or Miura SV or LP400 Countach from a standing start. C'mon, these cars were bloody quick in their time, but would probably struggle to make a 14 second quarter and pale in comparison to the modern machinery. Raises my doubts about the rest of the realism TBH.

- Bewildering myriad of tyre options: Understand the need/want for some tyre variation, but the comfort tyres are completely useless and demand a very different driving style to make them work. Lotus Elise Top Gear test track challenge anyone? Slightest inputs on the wheel = wild oversteer; whether under brakes, under power, or constant throttle if contacted by an opponent.

- Gameplay formula: Despite some interesting new additions like the Special events (Nascar, AMG training, and unique rally gameplay) other elements like the license tests and boring as batsh*t endurance races (as you guys have already mentioned) don't really move the game on IMO.

- Convoluted menu system and loading times: I could get over these if the above problems weren't so apparent to me.

How are you guys getting by despite these issues? Do you guys use a wheel (Logitech G27, etc)?

firstly, did you consider that maybe the cars have been modified to make them more competetive in the race?

shaun, i had one in the used car lot for a week or so. now they generally have one in the online car lot. costs 4.8 million

Yes G27. only way to fly. although all the new Fanatec and thrustmaster wheels look good but very expensive.

yes the AI is rubbish. in Prologue it was fantastic, best AI of any driving game i have played.....and here they did a big backflip.

other than that i got no issues. in reference to the Muira and the 512BB...i think someone at Polyphony fell in love with those, yes they are very unrealistic. but thats good IMO because i love the Muira and its sooooo nice in this game. where in reality they sucked even when new, and caught fire alot lol.

love it

i play the game for the cash so i can buy all the cars i want and love

on another note ZZII fully pimped 743hp and 910kg. bout to strap it around the ring!!! yeehar

my PSN : Resnort for anyone who wants to add me :) dont do alot of online racing yet

Edited by boiracer

Ok thanks for that I'll stop looking. Hopefully in the next update they fix it up, I just got one today and man its fun clutch kicking the car sideways, still workin on trying to pull out of a good slide with not much sucess yet.

Edited by NISMATT

good luck with that. the way the clutch works...or sometimes doesnt. is more of a novelty imo. to go fast you dont wanna use it. but yes clutch kicking is fun, and works quite well for having fun :)