SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

well i'm attempting to play GT5 but i'm currently on my 4th attempt to download the update and it looks like it's about to fail as well. yep there it goes. i've probably wasted over 1gb of downloads today trying to update since it always gets to about 85% when it fails, and since it was a 380mb download (which has now turned into a 608mb download on the last attempt) i'm wasting even more data. good thing i have a good plan with plenty of data allocation and i don't use much.

sony needs to make the download able to be paused and restarted so that if an error occurs you can simply continue from where you left off, like you can with torrents (and when download the games from the PS store), etc, especially since so many people have issues with downloading updates.

update failed again. so i have restarted the ps3 and am going to try one last time, but since i couldn't be arsed waiting round i'm just going to start it and then go for a ride and see if it is done when i get back in a few hours. if not then i'll just leave it for a few weeks until i next feel like sitting through a heap of failed update attempts.

i got the system update fine, it's the GT5 update that isn't working. my wireless router likes kicking me off randomly (and frequently), so going to restart the router and hopefully that should make it work long enough to get the updates done

well i'm up to update 6/6. i think my ps3 must've shat itself after a few failed attempts because, as i mentioned earlier, it went from being 1 380mb update to 6 updates, the first one being 608mb, which was the size of one back in december. the next update was about 380mb, followed by 3 around the 50mb range and then the final 380mb one. so obviously something went wrong. that said, playtv shat itself the other day and wouldn't load and after freezing a few times and restarting, when it finally did go in it had deleted about 2 weeks worth of shows (the most recent ones, totalling about 40gb).

all up today, with all the failed attempts as well as the successful ones i've probably used up about 3gb of downloads. ended up having to turn off the firewall on the wireless router (still had the firewall on the modem turned on) to get it to download properly without stuffing up.

well my assumption was correct that something had fucked up and that is why it had to download multiple updates. it had deleted the GT5 install. thankfully my save game was still intact.

dam, sounds like it had a proper tantrum on you. but Ive never had a failed update on my PS3. and that's from all manner of different ISP's and types of connection.

the Subbi around Laguna is not a good combo :( it just doesnt drive like old WRX's.

another round of seasonals last night. British light weights

Ive got problems with my main account on my PS3, when I start GT5 up it goes to the main screen where you can select which mode you want to enter and then no light appears under the first option and the game is basically frozen :rant:

my game has been a bit slower than what i remember too. not freezing, but sometimes taking ~10-20sec to select arcade/ GT mode.

even after being in GT mode after exiting out of a online lobby or offline event, does it seem to lag alot more than it used to?

yeah i think so. turn your internets off entirely on the PS3 and its a whole lot quicker. maybe just that we were without for so long it now seems longer?? not sure. but yeah i have noticed this too.

Imanion....that sucks man, you were like the furthest thru the game out of any of us ( as far as i know).

yeah I had level 40 A and B spec on that account and was basically just collecting cars and I only had to do the 24 hour races and get gold on one of the Vettel challenges, think it was Suzuka :(

Now just waiting to see if PD fix the problem in a new patch sometime soon

try reinstalling the game. you may be able to do it without deleting the actual save game. this is only based off the fact that my ps3 shat itself and sort of deleted gt5 off my hard drive (or corrupted it possibly) but the save game was fine.

maybe do a google search on whether it can be done

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

question: how do you get the red bull x1 proto?

i'v heard that you need to reach level 35 B-Spec to get it. I can see it in the dealership but as i am only lvl 34 A-Spec, i am unable to buy it.

question: how do you get the red bull x1 proto?

i'v heard that you need to reach level 35 B-Spec to get it. I can see it in the dealership but as i am only lvl 34 A-Spec, i am unable to buy it.

Get it at level 35 B-Spec

Also can win three of them from the Sebastian Vettel special event which is unlocked at level 30 (A or B Spec)

• 1 month later...

New "Spec 2.0" major update is arriving.

Although Yamauchi has not given any insight on what the update involves, it can be assumed it will include improved/tweaked physics and hopefully some additional HD models of "standard" cars that look like shite to now become "premium".

Scheduled release of update is 3rd week of October. As one user in the link commented, we're not sure if it's 2011 or 2012. Going by trend, I'd say it'll be out 2014, maybe 2015...