SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

umad1.jpg

old and boring much??? falcon driver who spends his time in the wastelands of a skyline forum, you sir must be mad.....or very bored yourself, in which case...sucks to be you.

is there an ignore feature in this forum so i dont need to see this guy anymore? im just not cool enough to get his jokes.

Spa will rock, i hope the DLC dont cost too much. im all for bonnet cam in Dirt and the other codemasters games, but in GT ive always been bumper cam driving( mostly for the clear no nonsense guages). inside view is a bit too restrictive for video game driving imo. unless you have 3 uber screens to do the whole wrap around view (which GT doesnt do anyways i dont think)

If anyone is interested in me running their drivers in b-spec remote races, shoot me a PM.

I'm trying to get back into the game but I only have 1 friend who plays GT5 and has any online drivers available.

If anyone is interested in me running their drivers in b-spec remote races, shoot me a PM.

I'm trying to get back into the game but I only have 1 friend who plays GT5 and has any online drivers available.

when i get around to putting them back online i'll let you know

someone mentioned about ps3's having shitty wifi hardware. i'll second this for the earlier ps3's. my original 60gb console's wifi was a complete waste of time it would drop out constantly. my new one i bought last summer is lightyears ahead with reliability. that said, i still use it wired purely because its a faster connection than wireless-G. if ps3 were wireless-N then i'd probably use it.

i still have to disagree there, mine is the original 40gig unit and still no wifi issues.

although i should run it via cable...seeing as the router is in the same room, and the couch would hide the cable very easily.....but that would require a small amount of effort.

so i started doing an enduro, the Suzuka 1000. you can save it mid race, but only when you come into the pits. and you have to quit GT entirely when you do so. which aint too bad i guess, it forces you to actually come back and finish it. but waiting for a full tank of fuel in the pit stop right as you turn the game on again isnt a nice thing to sit thru at all........

that's how they had the previous saves mid race, and other racing games i've played with enduro races were the same also.

true, but it thought i could at least get out and play arcade mode. or small things like turn off the driving line......(bad idea leaving it on. 100 laps in and its burnt into my retinas)

and hey if any of you guys play online you should have a look at this. (check the upcoming races section)

its a gt5 racing league we regularly have one off events to enter in, occasionally theres even prizes like new games and stuff. theres a new series we're starting next week using the lexus ISF RM and we want more participants, first race is weds 26/10 for anyone interested. for the series we race once a week on wednesday nights and use a points system across the series to determine winners etc. prizes are mostly just bragging rights as we race the same people regularly. its just auzzies and kiwis. we're a mature bunch who take the racing somewhat seriously so theres no kids or other fucktards senselessly trying to bash you into a wall or anything (something that pisses me off with the usual online)

we generally have one series running at a time. so far theres been a super GT series, muscle car series etc. we're just about to get the lexus series underway if anyones interested.

because we're a fairly small group everyone has their say about ideas for whatever kind of series you'd like to see happen.

Edited by jonboy

true, but it thought i could at least get out and play arcade mode. or small things like turn off the driving line......(bad idea leaving it on. 100 laps in and its burnt into my retinas)

Damn, I was hoping I could start an enduro then if I got bored of it just play arcade till i got the urge to finish it. And lol at the driving line, I turned it off ages ago, it doesn't really match my driving style, too fast into corners, bounce off other cars to assist the turn, slide off the track sideways into the dirt then flat out till the next turn lol

Damn, I was hoping I could start an enduro then if I got bored of it just play arcade till i got the urge to finish it. And lol at the driving line, I turned it off ages ago, it doesn't really match my driving style, too fast into corners, bounce off other cars to assist the turn, slide off the track sideways into the dirt then flat out till the next turn lol

lol, I never play arcade mode really, its always racing A spec for cash and the fun of it. but i know the feeling, my line isn't to far off. but it is distracting and not really accurate to my braking in particular. some tracks i keep it on....as i have a habit of forgetting about certain corners...>_< it isnt helpful in suzuka. i know that track well

not sure if it came out today, but i only noticed it today :P

the bundle contains:

15 new cars ( R32, R33, R35 race cars included)

100 new paint colours

8 new racing suits/ helmets from NASCAR/ WRC

2 new tracks ( Spa, some kart track)

Edited by liger