SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

i had something similar issue with mine always failing during updates. i ended up jumping on the computer, going into the router settings and having the ps3 excluded from the firewall. i can't remember how to do it (i found out how on some forum i found on google)

Not trolling GT5 and or PS3.

This is totally router dependant. You might need to exclude the PS3 IP and or MAC address. You might need to put the PS3 in the routers DMZ. There are a number of options, some routers simply won't have these options and you'd just have to disable to firewall completely.

• Nope 2

I got sick of my wireless being crap to my ps3 so I bought a d-link powerline AV I think it's called. Plug one in near your router (power socket in wall) and the other in near our ps3 and it turns your electrical cables into a network basically. I was skeptical but it works great! I run my t-box and ps3 through a cheap router in my room and never ever have issues with Internet dropping out with this setup.

But that's just how I did it and I think mine was just because of bad signal

BTW: GT5 b-spec iPhone app would be amazing

This is totally router dependant. You might need to exclude the PS3 IP and or MAC address. You might need to put the PS3 in the routers DMZ. There are a number of options, some routers simply won't have these options and you'd just have to disable to firewall completely.

that sounds something like what i did.

Seasonal races #5 out today. I had an opportunity to be in the top 5 for the time trial, but didn't have a suitable car (pre 1979 jap car weighing more than 1000kg) By the time I stuffed around with some other races, there were 3 pages of times up so not worth it. I'll stick to my usual top 5000 ranking.

Still, made a cool $2M in the euro touring car race (well, cost me $1m to get the car and set it up, but still made lots of money and experience points)

What's the go with tyres? Will they actually wear out, or do they just go red if you brake or corner a teeny bit too hard? (again, highly realistic there mr Polyphony). Haven't done any races long enough to have to change tyres yet.

Also, does anyone drive with ABS set completely off? I tried it on a few cars and they just locked up and swapped ends every time I even looked at the brake pedal.

tyres do wear out, you will see the inside area of the tyres turn black from top to bottom. the red/blue is just how much heat the tyre has in them at that time.

i did a test on Suzuka with a flying lap on cold (blue ) tyres Vs pre-warmed tyres ( very light blue/white). the pre-warmed tyres were over 2seconds faster , thats why it pays to warm up the tyres on your out lap when playing online. you may only get a small ammount of time to qualify before they start the race on you.

thnx for the heads up for those who may need it :)

two relisations today...

firstly b spec formula gt championship will take around 6 hours, and ill have to sit there and watch because they are all evnly matched cars.....true or not????

also level 29 - 30 a spec will take some grinding :down:

It takes a while but you can leave Bob to do it on his own, its bizare he struggles in overpowered cars but absolutely dominates in the FGT . My guy won every race easily, lapped half the field in most races.

two relisations today...

firstly b spec formula gt championship will take around 6 hours, and ill have to sit there and watch because they are all evnly matched cars.....true or not????

also level 29 - 30 a spec will take some grinding :down:

not if you do the online seasonal events. i'm up to level 27 or 28 without doing any of the endurance events and i still haven't finished over half of the extreme events, as well as 1 or 2 of the events in the bracket below that.

Noise

Well, after my criticisms of earlier versions of the GT series, it's good to see that some cars have decent sounds to them (mostly from chase view though - yes I know that you don't hear the burbling exhaust inside the cab). I bought one of the RX7 race cars for a go at one of the seasonal time trials, and couldn't believe the angry bridgeport idle. Sounded just like my RX2 rally car used to. As soon as you get off idle, though, it sounds like crap. Still, at least they had a go.

I had a good laugh the other day when I bought an early model lancer rally car (the old RWD carby model). They nailed the start sound - it winds over and you think it's noot going to start (just like a real webered 4 cyl) and then it finally fires, settling in the lumpy Weber idle. Top work on that one - at least they have a sense of humour!!

Edited by warps

yeah a lot of the older cars take a bit to turn start which i like.

also i found that a lot of cars sound reasonably good if you go to chase view and keep them lower in the rev range. i think that part of it is that so many of these cars we are only used to hearing at lower revs. take a skyline for example. the usual RB growl is most obvious lower in the rev range and starts to change a bit higher in the rev range.

Found a funny little f**k-up today- Was driving my Mac F1 on in-car view, and as everyone'd prolly know the speedometer is graduated in both mph and km/h, with the larger outer ring of numbers being miles and the tiny inner ring being kays (darned Brits and their imperialism).

I've set my distance/speed units to metric, yet the cars speedo swings through mph in sync with the kays per on the HUD.

Not so clever now, eh Kaz? :laugh:

Found a funny little f**k-up today- Was driving my Mac F1 on in-car view, and as everyone'd prolly know the speedometer is graduated in both mph and km/h, with the larger outer ring of numbers being miles and the tiny inner ring being kays (darned Brits and their imperialism).

I've set my distance/speed units to metric, yet the cars speedo swings through mph in sync with the kays per on the HUD.

Not so clever now, eh Kaz? :laugh:

lol man, not something i think i'd notice while flying along at a few hundred in an F1... bonus points for noticing :thumbsup:

Edited by boiracer

I'm selling my code on eBay, I haven't even played B Spec yet. The only reason I bought the Signature edition was that I thought that the SLS AMG competition was open to everyone who forked out for that pack, not just for 15 players across the world who have no life except for playing GT5 B Spec 24/7.

eBay link - GT5 Signature Edition SLS AMG Competition code auction

Starting bid is $20, Buy It Now for $150. Up for the next 3 days.

did all the seasonal 6 races today....last 2 were actually a little challenging (without going nuts on car mods) the new Corvette sounds like crap apparently

almost 9 mill in the bank and some more dam sexy cars. 220+ atm