SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

If they made it so you could have 1000hp and make it realistic, it would suck for racing. 1000hp in a skyline would make boost high in the rev range so you'd find yourself have to drop an extra gear on some corners just to keep it on boost. That sort of poweris ok for drags but not that great for track work

Latest round of seasonal events is a bit stupid. Bugger all money or points. They are more like normal races in the game. There are 4 different race types (FF, FR, 4wd and ferrari - F1 cars). There are power limits on the first 3. Hope the ferrari races give better prizes than the ff ones.

Yep. It says that your car has no restriction on mods.

Let us know how you go with the Ferrari challenge. I hope the rewards are worth it - I don't fancy dropping 10 or 12.5 mil on a ferrari F1 car, only to get a few hundred grand as prizemoney.

It's around 133k per race in the Ferrari bit, they are tough though I tried 3 or 4 times this arvo with only traction control but I keep spinning out, I'll give it another few goes tonight but I think I won't be able to win without Skid Recovery on.

No more big prize money but finally somewhere good to race the F1 cars.

Edited by NISMATT

Latest round of seasonal events is a bit stupid. Bugger all money or points. They are more like normal races in the game. There are 4 different race types (FF, FR, 4wd and ferrari - F1 cars). There are power limits on the first 3. Hope the ferrari races give better prizes than the ff ones.

why did they stop the huge amounts of points and money..that was what made you keep going with aspec, otherwise your doing indy 200 laps over and over or laguna seca..

BTW, how long does the suzuka 1000 take in an x1, thats my next endurance race????

I'm about 2.5 million short of the 2010 f1, so i won't be doing those races

bought the formula GT recently...def cant afford a fezza F1 car. thats pretty fun to drive.

I have the F10 and the F2007 and am happy to lend them out if you guys actually do want to do the races, I just finished R246 and it was pretty fun though I ended up using skid recovery because I kept spinning out without it.

bought the formula GT recently...def cant afford a fezza F1 car. thats pretty fun to drive.

made the same mistake as I did- you get one of those from a gift car ticket >_<

I'd have over 16m CR if I hadn't bought that

Bob's doing the 24h Le Mans right now :)

Pit strategy is pretty useless for such a race I just leave it on default.

yeah I remember the big lag you get with the 1100hp GTR's but that's the fun part, trying to catch it when the boost comes on tap :P don't need traction control :)

But even an R35 can't push that much out, and this is for the track. There's bolt on kits for every day driving that pull more than the 850 flywheel hp that's the max of the R35 tuning in GT5. I think it's more the case that they don't want someone with a 150k car beating the pants off the high end cars.

All 6 of my Bob's are now at Level 40. Next stop is to get the X1 over 100,000km. Quite close now, that thing has been so very heavily beat on.

Still waitng for the long-tail F1 GTR to show up in the UCD :rant: I've seen the Silk Cut le mans Jag twice now :( I hope i'm not missing something here, like your A-spec level needing to be 30+ or sumsing (doubt it though)