SAU Community

How Much Grunt

The reason is that I am in Hong Kong, I like to count my pennies as I am saving for a R35 as I refuse to buy a car on credit, but I have had enough of the poor fuel consumtion of the IS200 considering the performance, It uses about 12-14l per 100km. When I had the 34GTR it used about 13-16l so I find this hard to accept. over here the 250GT and the IS200 are about the Same price so I think it may be a wise move to trade her in, and go back to a nissan.

In that case, i would do the trade in too. Probably better fuel economy, better car with more power and it's newer so most likely less maintenance.

+1 on not buying a car on credit!

• 3 months later...

i just bought myself an 04 250gt. it;s hated on on here alot.. but i like it. I'm currently looking for simple mods to add. i dunno much about the differences in intakes and such on the 250gt. Any help on here would be appreciated.

i just bought myself an 04 250gt. it;s hated on on here alot.. but i like it. I'm currently looking for simple mods to add. i dunno much about the differences in intakes and such on the 250gt. Any help on here would be appreciated.

Hi congrats on your purchase. Unless you have heaps of spare cash lying around, I would not waste my $ on power mods. Intake mods and exhaust would probably be the most you would want to do to net you a more agressive engine note but don't expect much in terms of power gains.

Hi congrats on your purchase. Unless you have heaps of spare cash lying around, I would not waste my $ on power mods. Intake mods and exhaust would probably be the most you would want to do to net you a more agressive engine note but don't expect much in terms of power gains.

yea i figure it's not much u can do to it. but the intake situation confuses me. The g35 guys say the K&n drop in is great for the air filter...but on here i see it gets some bad reviews. Then I was looking at the stillen set up airbox and all. So kindly point me in a good direction for intake replacement. I live in the caribbean where it's almost always HOT.

Oh an also... a replcement dvd player for the one in the glove box.

I'll post some pics of my pauper's v35.

Thanx alot.

yea i figure it's not much u can do to it. but the intake situation confuses me. The g35 guys say the K&n drop in is great for the air filter...but on here i see it gets some bad reviews. Then I was looking at the stillen set up airbox and all. So kindly point me in a good direction for intake replacement. I live in the caribbean where it's almost always HOT.

Thanx alot.

i went to see the guys at autobarn... this guy owns a s15 for track use..

i asked him about the filters for the V35... apparently K&N products has been going down hill... poor quality control...

he showed me an example... he took two new panel filters opened the package... one K&N and one BMC.

when you look clearly at the edges of the K&N. the black paint covers up to 0-1.5cm more than it requires is pretty uneven. and less filter surface area as we all know means less air flowing through.....the craftsmanship on the BMC was clearly much neater...

and all you really need for a N/A is a panel+spacer and a ztube/some type of straight piping...

unless you want to hear the 3k rpm roar of the pod :(

Thanx alot.

Pretty sure a popular setup is a Z-Tube and a JWT Popcharger. I got a 350z and just have the popcharger installed.

Just got a straight through dual exhaust installed today, plenum install coming next week! Not sure if i can feel the power difference but i sure like the sound difference haha.

My 2 cents if I were in HK....

1. Sell the IS200,

2. Buy a Honda Accord - problem solved.

If you buy such a 'large' car in HK, you'll struggle with carpark space. I am sure that you know HK carspaces are smaller...Plus, most cars get scratched easily due to people walking in between cars...

Also, Hondas retain more value in HK whilst others depreciate like no tomorrow...

On another note, in HK, it's highly unlikely that you will hit more than 80kms just becos HK is a busy city! Your car will be crawling around the city most of the time and being stopped by the many traffic lights and jaywalkers...LOL

My 2 cents if I were in HK....

1. Sell the IS200,

2. Buy a Honda Accord - problem solved.

If you buy such a 'large' car in HK, you'll struggle with carpark space. I am sure that you know HK carspaces are smaller...Plus, most cars get scratched easily due to people walking in between cars...

Also, Hondas retain more value in HK whilst others depreciate like no tomorrow...

On another note, in HK, it's highly unlikely that you will hit more than 80kms just becos HK is a busy city! Your car will be crawling around the city most of the time and being stopped by the many traffic lights and jaywalkers...LOL

agreed. you cant really drive more then 100kms at all in and around city of hk. any honda will do and will save petrol etc. new accords look nice =)