SAU Community

Photoshoot & Hills Cruise, Sunday 21st June

fatmike

We will begin with a Photo shoot in an underground car-park located at the Burnside Shopping Village. The car-park can be accessed via Cator Street.

Once we have completed the Photo shoot we will then head out on a drive throughout the Adelaide Hills eventually returning to the BP Service Station at Belair. A route map will be available at the meet.

Meet & Photo shoot at Burnside Shopping Village car-park on Sunday 21st June at 8:30pm.

Michael Westphalen and Gerard Wood will be taking photos from 8:30pm. Even if you’re not keen on joining us on the cruise, drop in, get a few snaps of your car and check out some other rides. Photos will be available by order with payment required on the night. A disk containing 5 High-Res images will be a measly $10.00 (images can be printed crystal clear at A3 size). Westy has a Diploma in Photography and Gerard is currently studying Media at MAPS.

Check out some previous work by:

Westy www.mikewestphoto.com

Gerard www.neweramedia.com.au

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Westphalen and Gerard Wood will be taking photos from 8:30pm. Even if you're not keen on joining us on the cruise, drop in, get a few snaps of your car and check out some other rides. Photos will be available by order with payment required on the night. A disk containing 5 High-Res images will be a measly $10.00 (images can be printed crystal clear at A3 size). Westy has a Diploma in Photography and Gerard is currently studying Media at MAPS.

Check out some previous work by:

Westy www.mikewestphoto.com

Gerard www.neweramedia.com.au

don't want to come across as a Nazi Mike, but is this a business for the guys doing the photo shoot?

Reason I ask, for Pro pics that is quite reasonable......for a back yarder or enthusiast, that's over the top.

If it is a business, this thread is out of here unless you're a paid up SAU Trader.

I'll be out there guys - Be good if a decent number of you SAU boys n' girls came out as I havn't had the chance to put many user names and avatars to faces :P.

The photography looks awesome - Be good to get a few more decent shots of my car.

Seeya's out there. I'll be busy detailing my car all day sunday for it :D

Edited by Weezy

I might come out. Take a few photos of my own, of peoples cars. Im not a pro...only an "enthusiast" as Pete states haha. Might be good to chat to some other photographers too. Mike's work looks great.

ha ha, does interesting mean good or not soo good???

def a good thing. im keen to come sus it. especially after my gf being quoted $3000 for 5 block mounted studio 2000 pics, $10 doesnt seem like anything at all.

btw charmaine, wana cruise there together in mine?

def a good thing. im keen to come sus it. especially after my gf being quoted $3000 for 5 block mounted studio 2000 pics, $10 doesnt seem like anything at all.

btw charmaine, wana cruise there together in mine?

yea and btw... i personally think they are shit and over-rated by far!!!! dont kno if you chekd my site but please do so cos i specialize in that field... alothough i guess i cant be "selling" here or i'll get nudged.... i am contactable on 0416 309 825 or via e-mail through my web site. www.mikewestphoto.com

hope to see you on sunday night.

I might come out. Take a few photos of my own, of peoples cars. Im not a pro...only an "enthusiast" as Pete states haha. Might be good to chat to some other photographers too. Mike's work looks great.

Your work looks as good if not better then many "Pros" I have seen!

don't want to come across as a Nazi Mike, but is this a business for the guys doing the photo shoot?

Reason I ask, for Pro pics that is quite reasonable......for a back yarder or enthusiast, that's over the top.

If it is a business, this thread is out of here unless you're a paid up SAU Trader.

Hey mate, understand where you comming from.

no business, dont have a TFN. but without tryin to be rude, Thats more than reasonable for "professional" pics and about the mark for "back-yarder" pics.... my lighting alone is worth $3k, lense alone $2k so $10 a disk hardly covers any of that... the main reason for this post is to meet some new people, get some new photos, if people want the pics of their cars they are available as previously listed, and to go on a fun hills drive afterwards... hope this all goes well with the forum rules and hope to see you as well as others out there, showing SAPOL wer not all burnout crunchin' hoons and that anit-hoons-laws aren't going to stop what is really a community in its self, getting together and enjoying cars!

Westy out.

^^^ :D come on, these guys are trying to make it easy for us. a semi-pro shoot is gona cost a few hundred. its a great opportunity. if u dont like it, dont go.

^^^ :D come on, these guys are trying to make it easy for us. a semi-pro shoot is gona cost a few hundred. its a great opportunity. if u dont like it, dont go.

I offer my time/equipment for free and give people free shots of there cars ???? the only time I would ask for money is if I had to cover costs of printing supplies

many people have free dvd's of my photos on here already all you have to do is ask me ?

by the way I have some of you , your car and you getting the award at kadina?

Edited by sapphiregraphics

I offer my time/equipment for free and give people free shots of there cars ???? the only time I would ask for money is if I had to cover costs of printing supplies

many people have free dvd's of my photos on here already all you have to do is ask me ?

by the way I have some of you , your car and you getting the award at kadina?

Thats brilliant Troy, how do you make a living???

I dont know what qualifications you have or what equipment you use, but I studied hard to gain my Diploma and I have spent thousands on Photography gear.

I have ALWAYS, up until a few months ago, taken photos for car owners for nothing seeing it as part of "getting your foot in the door" sort of thing... funny that after a few years, most if not all of you have no idea who i am... soo feel free to rock up and take your "free" photos Troy and join us for the drive afterwards, after all, I POSTED THIS UP TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND GO FOR A DRIVE!!! which is why i beleive we have a thing called a "car community"... i just thought it would be good manners and seem more professional if i let everyone kno that there would be photographers there and images could be purchased. this IS NOT a sales pitch. A sales pitch would be titled something along the lines of - "photoshoot & hills cruise, $10 entry)... im not asking anything for people to rock up, talk, meet, and drive.... so before you voice your *words inserted here* opinion, leave it up to the moderators...

I tried not to offend but speaking out loud tends to p*%# people off....

I AM IN - Suggestion, a disk containing ALL photos available for maybe $20 or $25?

I cant see why this wouldnt be possible. rock up, chek it out, and lets talk about different options for you all to gain the photos you wish to...

peace, Westy

Michael, WTF!?!

You back in adelaide just for a week or two or didn't like it up in Byron?

Might see if I can come out with the Liberty, but will depend on Lachlann... speaking of which contact me if you're in town for a few days/weeks as I would love some decent portraits of Lachlann & us! :blink:

Cheers

Lee