SAU Community

Photoshoot & Hills Cruise, Sunday 21st June

fatmike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats brilliant Troy, how do you make a living???

I dont know what qualifications you have or what equipment you use, but I studied hard to gain my Diploma and I have spent thousands on Photography gear.

I have ALWAYS, up until a few months ago, taken photos for car owners for nothing seeing it as part of "getting your foot in the door" sort of thing... funny that after a few years, most if not all of you have no idea who i am... soo feel free to rock up and take your "free" photos Troy and join us for the drive afterwards, after all, I POSTED THIS UP TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND GO FOR A DRIVE!!! which is why i beleive we have a thing called a "car community"... i just thought it would be good manners and seem more professional if i let everyone kno that there would be photographers there and images could be purchased. this IS NOT a sales pitch. A sales pitch would be titled something along the lines of - "photoshoot & hills cruise, $10 entry)... im not asking anything for people to rock up, talk, meet, and drive.... so before you voice your *words inserted here* opinion, leave it up to the moderators...

I tried not to offend but speaking out loud tends to p*%# people off....

I'm not going to argue about it, but wont be attending it either way.

this is a public forum and can and will voice my opinion in a tasteful manner, but I do encourage others to follow the rules for posting , not public flaming or slander without meeting the person

I would say more but its a waste of my time , but You might want to look at some of my "FREE" photos to tell me if you think they suck? I do sell in art galleries worldwide mate ????

I just think your borderline when it comes to drumming up photo sales on the forum by offering a car cruise to lure people then charge fees for photos???? best left to mods interpretation

im done ranting, best of luck

Hey mate, understand where you comming from.

no business, dont have a TFN. but without tryin to be rude, Thats more than reasonable for "professional" pics and about the mark for "back-yarder" pics.... my lighting alone is worth $3k, lense alone $2k so $10 a disk hardly covers any of that... the main reason for this post is to meet some new people, get some new photos, if people want the pics of their cars they are available as previously listed, and to go on a fun hills drive afterwards... hope this all goes well with the forum rules and hope to see you as well as others out there, showing SAPOL wer not all burnout crunchin' hoons and that anit-hoons-laws aren't going to stop what is really a community in its self, getting together and enjoying cars!

Westy out.

HHHMMMMM no tax file number, but posing as a business is illegal mate(ato)?????, your website etc and charging money for services?

**SIGH**

Must EVERY thread on here turn into a shitfight? He wants to take some photo's, and is asking if people wouldn't mind donating a few $$ to help him out. If he gets bookings out of it, great, however knowing how much of a tightass everyone is when it comes to paying for photo's he'll probably get nothing but the company for the night.

Leave him alone FFS

HHHMMMMM no tax file number, but posing as a business is illegal mate(ato)?????, your website etc and charging money for services?

your a few bob short arnt you mate?

you see the service is actually free, im not charging anyone for me to be taking photos. I am allowed to have a web-site, im sure the ato dont give a f*k if i have a web site.... any other wanker comments you want to bundle this post with????

and where your web-site, I'd luv to chek your "FREE" photos??? believe it or not, that was the first thing i lookd for....

any who, you have a good day troy and stick with your WORLDWIDE galleries. leave all this "amateur" stuff to us small-fry yeah....

peace

Edited by fatmike

I cant see why this wouldnt be possible. rock up, chek it out, and lets talk about different options for you all to gain the photos you wish to...

peace, Westy

Awesome dude, will catch you then, I want ALL the photos :P:)

**SIGH**

Must EVERY thread on here turn into a shitfight? He wants to take some photo's, and is asking if people wouldn't mind donating a few $$ to help him out. If he gets bookings out of it, great, however knowing how much of a tightass everyone is when it comes to paying for photo's he'll probably get nothing but the company for the night.

Leave him alone FFS

^+1

Too true. Maybe we should offer free laxatives at the event so people can CTFO.

I wouldn't waste my spare time arguing with people on a forum, I get on here for recreation not headaches.

See you Sunday people.

Very impressive turn out - No one really stayed for the cruise so I ended up just leaving after LukeENR34 got his photos taken.

A shame my paint didn't really mix well with the stupid fluros on the roof and the lighting setup Mike had all setup, but they did turn out okay - I got a glimpse at lukes photos and the silver paint on his car LOVED it, they looked amazing if you didn't get a chance to have a look.

A shame everyone left but ohwell aha, another time I spose. Didn't really meet anyone but still put alot of cars/users/avatars to faces :rofl:

I was there for about an hour, nice cars, met a couple of SAU people. Cruised up to the lighthouse after, was alright :P

I don't know if there was a cruise cos everyone left at different times....