SAU Community

***official Sau:sa Dyno Day Thread***

MissR34

sorry i had to bale kinda quickly. i lost track of time and was running really late to pick my silvia up from the tyer shop

good to meet new people and see other people i havent met before.

i was hoping for more from my car but not at the same time considering its stock still had standard dump pipes haha

thanks for setting the day up had a good time!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll repost my earlier comments since Heslo locked the other thread...

Firstly massive kudos and thanks to Cara, Ruby, John Keen, Shane and anyone else involved in putting the day on. Was a great turnout, a good variety of cars, no car died (I hope the R31 wagon was ok), some good dyno numbers and most importantly was a well run event. :(

Congrats to Andrew (Blue32) for taking out the Dyno Queen trophy with 390.x rwkW! :P:P

I would have liked to have seen how close to that I could've come but alas the new Blitz EBC didn't want to release more than 11psi. :/

Edited by writeoff

I'll repost my earlier comment also since the other thread is locked.

Thanks to all who came and attended. A top effort to all. Good to see many cars with different power outputs having a go.

Some God-awful fueling issues won me the wooden spoon ... but it was good to get in there and have a go even tho I knew it was down on power. At least I got best presented stagea. :P

Congrats to Andrew (Blue32) for his 390rwkw win! Awesome to see those numbers. :(

Thanks to the whole crew who organised this event, it was an awesome day. Also a big shout-out to Martin who gave me some advice and tips throughout the day. Congrats to all the winners, you guys deserved it (except the ones that were rigged :().

I'll put some photos and videos up as soon as I can.

big thanks to the people who organised the event. was great. first time i have been to a sau thing, other than a stag cruise. great day, great people so i became a member.

blue 31 wagon was blowing smoke because of a cracked piston. it had to be replaced anyway so i wanted a power figure before putting in forgies. it is a stock na engine on 15psi for the 292kw. bleed it up to 18psi and it went bang. meh. thanks again, i really enjoyed it.

was good to chat and meet a few of the crew while i was there - i too had to make a quick appearance and dash early.

Good little event this was, will definitely pop in to future meets. Very friendly atmosphere, and some very tough cars

as for my 175rwkw, i did actually expect a little more; but oh well, its opened my eyes to the possibilities behind making more power! Dyno graph is up on the fridge.

Now, time for a beer!

Awesome day! Thanks to all the people who made it happen :( It was also good to see so many SAU members attending. Very happy with my result :/ and well done to all those that entered their cars :P

I also will post here as the other thread has been "locked". Thank to all the people and members that turned up today to make this a great start to SAU-SA and its fantastic to see real Skyline enthusiast there and the knockers well who cares.

I managed to rock up as all of the action was ending, still got to see some nice cars and setups though :(

Grats to all the winners and hope to see some clips about the place.

The lovely Janene is actually putting a DVD together for us of the Dyno Day. The pricing will be $10 for members and $15 for non-members, and it should be an awesome DVD.

... I just hope Nene edits out my dyno runs :P

bit disappointed the "Best presented - other" award went to a commodore :( since there wasnt a best presented r31 category :P

thanks muchly for putting the day together to those that were involved, and also letting me and the blue wagon enter late.. also signed up for membership.

Edited by Silhouette31

bit disappointed the "Best presented - other" award went to a commodore :P since there wasnt a best presented r31 :/

thanks muchly for putting the day together to those that were involved. also signed up for membership.

Im not much of a fan of 31's but yours made me want to touch myself in naughty places. Love those rims :(

I had a great day out even though my car didnt see the rollers. Congratulations to the people who both won awards and exceeded thier power expectations. Dont think Ive ever seen so many schmick R32R's in one place! Including DSTROY of course. Last, but certainly not least, A big thanks to Cara and the rest of the SAU-SA squad for organising such a great event.

Thanks Guys! :(

PS. For those wondering, Kellie (Bunny33) wasnt able to make it today due to work commitments :P

It was an awesome day. I enjoyed it. I went away with the 'Best Presented R33' trophy aswell! :P

Also, who ever making the video wants some videos in high resolution 720P I've filmed quite a few cars at a good angle that doesnt show numberplates and including blue32's flamage :(

Screen shot:

blue32flames.jpg

What a terrific day's event.

Cars were all on schedule, everyone involved did their bit, went alot smoother than I anticipated and was good to meet many new (and old) friendly faces.

Apart from the SAU-SA execs who did a terrific job, a big thankyou must go to the 2 Johns that hosted the event, Martin (Hostile) for his tireless effort on the BBQ and the girls that helped out; Sammy (Damo's girl), Penny (ontheranch), and Vu's girl (sorry, forgot her name).

Also good to see some SAU representation there by the Mods and new members; Matt (whatshisname) & Andrew (Nightcrawler) with his little fella who prefers Nene over me, LOL.

Congrats to all the winners and the Dyno King, Andrew Blue32.......nice flame show!

Now I need to go and pass some snags :P to make room for the Missus's lamb roast............or I'll be dead meat! :(