SAU Community

Track Day At Qr

Wild Thing

Hi Guys,

Just booked in for my first track day with 35.

It's on the 8th July though Paul Rusic Racing (morning session).

Has anyone had their GtR on QR yet?.............. if so what times have you done on the sprint,club and National.

I have done a heap of laps at QR with my Sti (long way from stock though), so it will be interesting to see how the 35 goes dead stock (well except for the Willall mid pipe).

And to make it even more interesting one of my clients is bring his 996 turbo (stock except for track tires) and one his friends is bringing his new AMG 63 (stock). But the real test will to see how far i am behind my friends Supra (he is doing 1min 19secs around the national track, that is bloody quick).

The best I have done in my Sti was a 1min 23 around the National Track.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Guys,

Just booked in for my first track day with 35.

It's on the 8th July though Paul Rusic Racing (morning session).

Has anyone had their GtR on QR yet?.............. if so what times have you done on the sprint,club and National.

I have done a heap of laps at QR with my Sti (long way from stock though), so it will be interesting to see how the 35 goes dead stock (well except for the Willall mid pipe).

And to make it even more interesting one of my clients is bring his 996 turbo (stock except for track tires) and one his friends is bringing his new AMG 63 (stock). But the real test will to see how far i am behind my friends Supra (he is doing 1min 19secs around the national track, that is bloody quick).

The best I have done in my Sti was a 1min 23 around the National Track.

Cheers

Mark

Goodluck Mark!

I've never been the QR, but it seems like you have a good mix of cars going. Do you have track tyres? If not (and the 996T does) he might hand your arse to you :D Tyres are the No.1 mod in my book. Make sure you get some pics and video!

Goodluck Mark!

I've never been the QR, but it seems like you have a good mix of cars going. Do you have track tyres? If not (and the 996T does) he might hand your arse to you :down: Tyres are the No.1 mod in my book. Make sure you get some pics and video!

Yeah i would agree........... Spec R tires make the difference. However, it will be inrtresting to see how she goes on standard tires????

I will get some video of the day

• 3 weeks later...

Well......... had my first track day with the 35 today.

All I have had done is a wilall mid pipe everything else is stock (incld the tires :pirate: )

I sure hope the Dunlops are better becuase the Bridgestones did last real long before the died (3 laps of the Club Circuit).

The rest of the car preformed faultlessly..... the highest gearbox temp I saw was 120c, however we only did 5 flying laps at a time and each lap was around 60 seconds.

The only thing that I found a bit concerniing was how quickly the car wanted to get it's arse out on the exit from corners, that may be more of a tire issue I know but it still seemed a bit taily even when the tires were still OK.

In the end I did 60.004 seconds for the Clubman and a 63.451 seconds for the Sprint circuit. The quickest was an Evo 8 he did a 54.5 on the Clubman and a 57ish for the circuit. However, he was making 440KW's ATW's and running full slicks......... man that thing was fast.

I did manage to get some video............ will see if came out ok and post it up.

Cheers

Mark

It was awesome to see you flying round the Track today Mark- nice work.

My lil RB20 did surprise me, but not as much as yours did-what a car to watch & the sound at full noise is something spectacular, cant wait to see you put some track tyres on & what sort of times you pull then as I think that orange-ish evo maybe in trouble mate

It was awesome to see you flying round the Track today Mark- nice work.

My lil RB20 did surprise me, but not as much as yours did-what a car to watch & the sound at full noise is something spectacular, cant wait to see you put some track tyres on & what sort of times you pull then as I think that orange-ish evo maybe in trouble mate

Thanks Dude............. gotta say it was so much fun, as a matter of interest the best speed i hit at the end if the front straight was 214km's per hour. Which group were you in?

Thanks Dude............. gotta say it was so much fun, as a matter of interest the best speed i hit at the end if the front straight was 214km's per hour. Which group were you in?

It looked like you were too-thats haulin :rofl: the GTR looked amazingly stable all way thru cnrs 1 & 2 also & hammered down the back straight too :cool:

I was in Group C, Grey R32Gtst (RB20) with Gold wheels, managed to get a 1:04.7617 on sprint track which I'm pretty stoked with considering it was my 1st time at QR & running road rubber. :banana:

It looked like you were too-thats haulin :) the GTR looked amazingly stable all way thru cnrs 1 & 2 also & hammered down the back straight too :cool:

I was in Group C, Grey R32Gtst (RB20) with Gold wheels, managed to get a 1:04.7617 on sprint track which I'm pretty stoked with considering it was my 1st time at QR & running road rubber. :)

That's a pretty good time for your first effort at QR........... turns 1 and 2 can be pretty daunting first time out :blink::blink: I know they were for me.

I am now seriously consdiering some track tires and I reckon i could get close to a 57 sec on the sprint track :):)

Cheers

Mark

That's a pretty good time for your first effort at QR........... turns 1 and 2 can be pretty daunting first time out :blink::blink: I know they were for me.

I am now seriously consdiering some track tires and I reckon i could get close to a 57 sec on the sprint track :domokun::D

Cheers

Mark

Thanks mate, yeah they are an experience all right. Brown trouser time on the first few laps lol

When you do put the trackies on let me know what time you get down to as I think you may go a bit quicker than a 57, considering you were in a new car & on roadies you were hauling a**.

Plus, cant wait for the pm when you knock off those evo boys too :/

actually the stock tyres on the 35 are pretty good, though the dunlops are better on track for sure. but they suit the heavy car pretty well, you will probably gain a second on good semi slicks, but we found the car slower on toyo R888s vs standard dunlops.

the real question is how did you go vs the 996 turbo and the AMG 63?

also, yes any car with near 500hp will be a little taily! it's not an AWD car like your old STI was. you will find it must more rear biases. personally I find is much better on track in RROff. though maybe it's just more fun, not faster, but I do find the TC can be a bit intrusive at certain moments even in R mode. in a car with so much grip and that is so stable I don't think you really need the TC. :P

enjoy. ;)

Tyres are the No.1 mod in my book.

i completely agree- i was running slicks @ QR on the 8th and knocked almost 2 seconds off my previous best time on semi's. Best value mod available ;) Put me in 10th place overall on the day- not bad for an evo with less than 200kws :) hehe

Oh and the orange evo 8 only runs semi's- can you imagine the times it would do with the additional grip!! :)