SAU Community

Help Pls Boot Respray Pricing?

hey guys,

looking for some advice/your opinions...

i have a pearl white 34 sedan

there are some rust spots (5) just above the bottom lip, i am looking to get these fixd up, the spoiler taken off and the holes welded up.

i took it to a place i was recommended and the guy quoted me $1000 to do this and the respray....??????????

i have no knowledge in this area & kinda feel this guy is trying to take me for a ride...

does anyone know much about this as this price seems really excessive????

i am in WA if it makes a difference.

any advice, views would be greatly appreciated. if anyone knows someone they would personally recommend that would be awesome.

Should be no more than $500 incl repairs, labour for removing spoiler and the boot lid taken off brackets & prep/paint/clear.

Quite a deal less, if you remove the spoiler & boot lid.

Man you should see some of the rust spots on my 34 ... especially at the back under the wheel guards and fuel tank. Proper holes none of this surface rust nonsense that's gonna take another 10 years to eat through the panels..

Think my 34 was in some snowy region of Japan with a lot of salt in the air... too scared to ask for a quote to have a few of these spots fixed up knowing how much these brain surgeons with 10+ year of education charge... oh wait ..never mind :P

Edited by Delta Force