SAU Community

Jap Car Imports, Fawkner

ChakGTR

I bought the gun metal grey one... It was much cleaner than the black one...62thou K's...

Picked it up 2 weeks ago.... Still happy.. Although the battery did die on me last night...

Ahh you got it, damn you haha. I called up Dennis the day after you bought it. Was the cleanest one i have seen in a long time.

Put some pics up of it in the 32 pics section.

Edited by willL

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh you got it, damn you haha. I called up Dennis the day after you bought it. Was the cleanest one i have seen in a long time.

Put some pics up of it in the 32 pics section.

heheheh yeah i wasn't even lookin for a GTR at the time.. But saw the add and thought i'd go have a look..Looked like a brand new car, so put down a deposit then and there..lol

I'll admit i was shocked and impressed to see the Tommi Makinen ed. Evo VI they had there...arent they rather rare?

The import ones aren't, but the Australian Delivered ones are. I think there were only 100 sold here.

• 5 weeks later...

I pick up mine last week and only have to wait 1 week.

I think Dennis should be able to tell you how long the wait

is going to be. I know it's hard, I couldn't sleep while I was

waiting for my car to be ready :)

Which car you are buying? let us know !

i didnt really have the best experiance with them lol

after i sold my 33 was looking at getting another line and had the cash ready but wasnt sure on eaither a 32GTR or 34GTT. they had a 33gtst there that he really tried to push to sell. when i said no the dude i was talking to wasnt happy. told him im interested in a black 32GTR (which was parked in the corner and would have had to move 4 cars to get it out) and a 34GTT that had little to no fuel in it.

he bluntly said "i really cant be bothered taking all those car out for the GTR and i dont have time to put fuel in the 34 this 33 is the best buy. it has a nismo kit" i said no i want one of them two and if everything is fine with it im ready to make a deal. he then told me to come back in 2 weeks.

WTF

so cars maybe be great but service is shit house.

but thats my experiance.

i didnt really have the best experiance with them lol

after i sold my 33 was looking at getting another line and had the cash ready but wasnt sure on eaither a 32GTR or 34GTT. they had a 33gtst there that he really tried to push to sell. when i said no the dude i was talking to wasnt happy. told him im interested in a black 32GTR (which was parked in the corner and would have had to move 4 cars to get it out) and a 34GTT that had little to no fuel in it.

he bluntly said "i really cant be bothered taking all those car out for the GTR and i dont have time to put fuel in the 34 this 33 is the best buy. it has a nismo kit" i said no i want one of them two and if everything is fine with it im ready to make a deal. he then told me to come back in 2 weeks.

WTF

so cars maybe be great but service is shit house.

but thats my experiance.

...Maybe you need boobs? :):mrt:
well that was 6-7 months ago now lol so if its the same car its been sitting there for a while lol

cant remember the name of the guy. there was 2 of them there.

It has been yeah. The 33s (GTRs) usually move within a week there. The 32s were both there for sometime...unfortunately theyre getting a bit old for most of Gen Y to blow 20 grand on. Especially when a 33 is 25-30.

All these mixed reviews on service, albeit the service I received was fantastic. Personally I wouldn't give a rats arse about service (unless it was like Ashneel's experience lol), I am most concerned about the quality of the cars, and if they engage in dodgey practices, like I've heard about 'other' import dealers up north :mrt:

They offer 3 month warranty, but that doesn't really mean jack shit if you think about it, however if the mechanical quality of the car is ace, I couldn't care less :)

"dealers up north" I know you can't say which one but I'm just wondering if that's the same one

that I had an experience with :mrt: With Japcar, most perhaps all of their cars are clean

gotta see it for yourself.

All these mixed reviews on service, albeit the service I received was fantastic. Personally I wouldn't give a rats arse about service (unless it was like Ashneel's experience lol), I am most concerned about the quality of the cars, and if they engage in dodgey practices, like I've heard about 'other' import dealers up north :P

They offer 3 month warranty, but that doesn't really mean jack shit if you think about it, however if the mechanical quality of the car is ace, I couldn't care less :D

3 months?

i got a TWO WEEK warranty man :D

dont be complainin lol

• 1 year later...

I bought my car from there in December and am very happy with it. Perhaps the cleanest 33 gtst ive seen. I thought they were pretty nice and wern't pushy. He didn't ask me for a deposit, probably because he could tell I was interested since we spoke via email and phone a couple of times before I came.. plus I told him I had to drive about an hour to get there. The only problems I've had with the car were a flat battery and dead headlight globe. This is my second 33 gtst and this one was cheaper and much better condition inside and out plus he threw in a free alarm installed. The only issue I had dealing with them was they said they were going to throw in a stock air box (to clear defects if i got one) since the car came with a pod filter, but I got a call from them saying they couldn't find any in their price range. Either way the gave me slimline plates at no extra charge and knocked off $100. I don't think they like to negotiate on price much, but I was happy with the alarm which saved me $400ish.

I got offered the nationaly warranty but didn't go for it since it cost another $1000 and the terms seemed a bit dodgey since it was offered from a 3rd party.