Jap Car Imports, Fawkner

ChakGTR

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

We are currently looking at purchasing an 1998 R34 for my son's first car from this mob. The guy's name is Hakan, not Dennis as stated in the previous posts on this thread. The car looks extrmely clean and has apparently done only 72,000kms (??), imported directly from Japan. We took the car for a test drive on Saturday and from what we would tell it ran quite nicely. Will be getting a full mechanical check done. He wouldn't budge on price though...should I be asking for anything else??

Has the dealer changed ownership?? We dealt with Hakan not Dennis. Any advice would be great

Trish

Edited by THarris

Hey Trish

Also was interested in that R34 for my younger brother, we went there today only to find out it was sold!

The car looks really clean, should be a good buy.

FYI the guy there is Hakan, Dennis is his son. People got confused as the business cards he gave out had Dennis on them & not his name.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I withdraw my previous positive comments. I got defected for an exhaust that was already on the car when I bought it, so I asked them to fix it and write me another road worthy because they wrote a road worthy as it was. They wouldn't help me out.

I withdraw my previous positive comments. I got defected for an exhaust that was already on the car when I bought it, so I asked them to fix it and write me another road worthy because they wrote a road worthy as it was. They wouldn't help me out.

for exhaust noise? if so that's an epa issue not a defect. in which case has nothing to do with the roadworthy they supplied with the car.

exhaust wasnt too loud, so no epa. Exhaust was too low, they sold it to me when it was 80mm off the ground, needed to be atleast 100mm. We worked something out so we are on okay terms now.