SAU Community

Hybrid Intercooler Pipes

good afternoon. i installed my intercooler (hybrid) its been a while no hassles but, the pipe to the throttle body was hitting my fan and fan housing. i ended up becoming a touch frustrated and cut the fan in half. what can i do to fix this backyard job of mine

says in the installation manual i believe that you need to trim the edges slightly off the fan blades to make it fit..

or trying to push the pipe into the elbow abit more so it raises up..

if too lazy for all and want more action go thermo's..

my bad man. from sydney.

when i cleared the fan the bonnet wouldn't shut thats when i got happy with my little grinder.

thank you very mucho i'm going to have a loook around for a fan.

im not sure maybe a thermo set up cause it won't take up as much space. is there any critical differences? i want to get my car running ideal, and tidy up my engine bay before more mods. whats involed in a thermo set up?

i only have at the moment walbro pump, cooler, boost controller, turbo back exhaust, dump pipe.

I have a HYBRID GT cooler on my 32 and no drama's with clearance but a mate does/did with his.

ONLY thing that can cause the issue is where you bore the hole under the battery tray which will sit the top pipe slightly forward hence hitting the fan. Either massage the hole out so the piping sits back a little further or trim the blades on a new fan. Personally i wouldn't worry about changing to a thermo set up :)

i had a hybrid kit and i just took the corners off the back of the blades. took a section about the size of the top half of your thumb off each blade and it cleared. that way the blades were still the full length but just not quite as wide at the tips