SAU Community

Micolour Deca Rnd 3 Is A Go!

Belsil80

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entries will be going up on the 6th of July. It is first in best dressed.

Any idea of the time it will go up?

Dont want to come back from work with it all booked out :D

So if I turn up in my NA Supra with absolutely zero advanced driving experience I'm not gonna be laughed off the track for putting slowly around as I learn the car, track and... hell, anything to do with racing?

I've been wanting to get into this sort of thing for a while, but never knew where to start. This looks like a pretty good place.

Are there any limits on the number of people who can come? I'm sure I can convince my mate to bring his Evo.

So if I turn up in my NA Supra with absolutely zero advanced driving experience I'm not gonna be laughed off the track for putting slowly around as I learn the car, track and... hell, anything to do with racing?

I've been wanting to get into this sort of thing for a while, but never knew where to start. This looks like a pretty good place.

Are there any limits on the number of people who can come? I'm sure I can convince my mate to bring his Evo.

you can drive as fast or as slow as you want, its not about racing but more about having fun.

its less dangerous then a track as the speeds are smaller and you can prety much go as hard as you want on the skidpan as the speeds are quiet low

there is only 50 reserved spaces available so you have to be quick as i have a feeling this one will fill up quick

na its a fun day, if you can get in its a good time.

MaTe we're in the same boat, and there will prob be a cruise up and back on the day :P

If you want to make friends then stay up there. deca is good for meeting people but the whole weekend is way better.

Deca entries will open at 830am tommorow morning. there abouts.

If you want to make friends then stay up there. deca is good for meeting people but the whole weekend is way better.

Is there any opportunity to come up, watch, and stay the night?

I really don't feel confident in my driving ability at all, and would at least like to do an defensive driving course or something before attempting a proper event. I'd feel like I was wasting a valuable spot.

Maybe after I've done something like this?

http://www.driverdynamics.com/skidpan.html

Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

Wish i could, but a lot of shit to pay for atm, live out of home, traineewage, and still havent sold my second car :P i had planned for it, but needed a new battery

Is there any opportunity to come up, watch, and stay the night?

I really don't feel confident in my driving ability at all, and would at least like to do an defensive driving course or something before attempting a proper event. I'd feel like I was wasting a valuable spot.

Maybe after I've done something like this?

http://www.driverdynamics.com/skidpan.html

Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

dont be weak, just go for it. You will regret it once you are up there watching it.

This event is nothing but a massive bit of concrete with witches hats around. Try your best to follow the course around the cones, if you stuff up no one cares as every rwd car usually ends up spinning out and thats half the fun.

From my experience, the people who took the course slower ended with higher placement cause they dont end up wiping out all the cones :P

Re; driverdynamics skidpan

Ive done it before, two different scenario's as the driverdynamics one is covered in water/oil. You wont be holding any big slides anyway in the motorkhana courses.

fair enough Ryan, you will still have a blast.

Kieran, i can guarantee 100% that if you drive up and do not enter you will regret it. there are plenty of people who have done that before and everyone says they wish they just entered. If you are that unsure of your driving ability come and speak to me or some of the guys who have done plenty of this stuff. besides logic there are a few key things you can do to be well on your way to improving your driving ability.

Driving at Deca is about learning you car and improving your skills. there is absoloutly no pressure to push your car or yourself to the limits.

fair enough Ryan, you will still have a blast.

Kieran, i can guarantee 100% that if you drive up and do not enter you will regret it. there are plenty of people who have done that before and everyone says they wish they just entered. If you are that unsure of your driving ability come and speak to me or some of the guys who have done plenty of this stuff. besides logic there are a few key things you can do to be well on your way to improving your driving ability.

Driving at Deca is about learning you car and improving your skills. there is absoloutly no pressure to push your car or yourself to the limits.

Alright, I'm doing it. Just signed up to the club, payment pending of course, I'll sort the deposit out tomorrow.

The whole weekend just looks like fun to honest, not just the driving. I don't have many friends who are car enthusiasts so it'll be cool to hang with people who actually want to talk about cars.

just a question, is there a viewing area for spectators in every little event??

Yeah you can watch nearly every event. The best viewing is on the skid pan where most of the day is held.

*set alarm clock*

i might finaly stay there on sat this time,

been to 2 DECAs and i'm always too tired on the drive back, might be coz i ususaly work till 12am on friday night and don't get enough sleep