SAU Community

"stu Tu Tu"

Theres nothing wrong with 'dosing' and it won't wreck your turbo, as long as you're not being like a VL driving dickhead and deliberately stuffing around with your intake piping to get the most ridiculous noise possible.

I had a Turbosmart Atmo BOV originally fitted on mine, which got a lot of cop hassles, so went for a standard BOV blocked off, and it sounds a LOT better than a standard recirc BOV, which again sounds better than one of those utterly gay need for speed style SSQV's.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my car decides to run, it's flutter sounds near on identical to the video of the R34 posted earlier...

Ask RISKIN how it sounds... When it doesn't miss fire... LOL

dude... the Polarizer was the part which made the HDT's so special! That and having to run 22psi in the tyres for it to work, and not tampering with or removing it, so that the positive vibrations could flow throughout the car and turn a family sedan into a track warrior! I'm still hanging out to drive a Polarizer equipped HDT to feel the awesomeness :blink:

I dose all day all night on 18PSI, haven't seen the turbo die yet. Stock intake pipe, stock crossover pipe, GReddy TypeS BOV wound in so hard I might has well not have it there.

and no, I didn't use a HKS SSQV, that has no effect to dosing, unless the piston snapped and the BOV is now not functiuonal

dose ftw.

no BOV, big front mount, steel pipe off the turbo. the loud high pitched dose is normally curteousy of a 2.5" straight pipe straight off the turbo, when you start adding bends, and go to bigger pipes, the sound normally gets deeper.

the AFM being moved to the cooler piping is to stop stalling from the air reverberating through the AFM

• 1 month later...
What the hell is that noise? I've heard it twice now, both times from VLs. Is it some tricked out BoV?

If you ask me I think it sound ridiculous. My girlfriend was in hysterics for about 10min as we drove beside this thing.

Thanks.

i dont see how its so funny? it sounds mint

To the ignorant it sounds like a really wimpy/silly sound to come out of what looks like a tough car.

Like WRXs and EVO's, except they look like a girl's ride with girly ricey sneezies.

Do agree though, that fully hektik sound doesnt match the VLs. Something you'dexpect from Jap imports?

lol they are morons then.

+1

if that's all you're buying the car for then... fail.

ive had mine blocked off for a while now, doesn't make high pitched noises, just a clean whoosh sorta flutter. reason why i have it is that i noticed through hills/track, when changing gears it holds more pressure in the pipe and you get faster spool in to next gear but only high up in the revs as the air gets trapped and not released straight away.

lots of people say different things, this is just form personal experience.

Edited by SkyHi_33

here is my old car fluttering and doing its thing.

fluttered the entire two years that i had it. absolutely no damage to the car/turbo whatsoever. it fluttered so loud because of numerous induction mods and very high boost. factory blow off valve gave up but replaced with an aftermarket plumb back.

Edited by DrewII