SAU Community

Bmw Ad Banned For Depicting 'hoon' Driving

lukebaldan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't read every reply, so this has probably been said a few times but...

That ad was artistic, and very well thought out concept.... what is wrong with us?? what is going wrong in australia? It's all gone pear shaped.

Didn't read every reply, so this has probably been said a few times but...

That ad was artistic, and very well thought out concept.... what is wrong with us?? what is going wrong in australia? It's all gone pear shaped.

we keep suckin america's dick, that's why. bunch of overly conscientious neo-nazi faggots.

wow....better ban the formula 1 and any other racing events on tv..might make me want to speed...oh and also we should of baned the fast and the furious from the cinemas too...

All of the above aside, I didn't find it very artistic at all...Looked like something a retarded 3 year old with no arms would draw....

Having said that, still a bullshit descision to ban it, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it artistic

we keep suckin america's dick, that's why. bunch of overly conscientious neo-nazi faggots.

What has this got to do with America? This has everything to do with the government. If it wasn't for America, we'd all be speaking Japanese.

What has this got to do with America? This has everything to do with the government. If it wasn't for America, we'd all be speaking Japanese.

America's always been the first to adopt politically correct limp wristedness, for example using "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" just because a bunch of jewish people happen to be celebrating hannukuh at the same time. This is probably due to the fact that people seem to sue each other at the drop of a hat. In any case, Australia, being one to suckle on all things American, seems to now have inherited this overly politically correct stance on things.

America's always been the first to adopt politically correct limp wristedness, for example using "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" just because a bunch of jewish people happen to be celebrating hannukuh at the same time. This is probably due to the fact that people seem to sue each other at the drop of a hat. In any case, Australia, being one to suckle on all things American, seems to now have inherited this overly politically correct stance on things.

Its mostly not Jewish people, its Muslims:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/009276.php

This is an Australian case. The only people you can blame for "too much political correctness" are yourselves, you voted in the goverment, who controls these things so I believe its your own fault.

Edited by Solid Snake

wouldn't be such a bad thing...at least i would understand parts manuals and be able to buy bits over the telephone direct from suppliers in Japan.

Not true.

a) Australia is an incredibly difficult continent to invade simply due to our sheer size.

b) The Japanese never had any intention of invading Australia. After they had secured Port Moresby (mainly for defensive reasons) they planned on heading west through India etc.

I thought it was more artistic from a marketing and advertising point of view rather than a classically artistic POV.

Anyway, in a lot of cases we are WORSE OFF than America. Free speech tends to keep a few avenue's open for American's that we don't have available to us.

i remember a holden ad for the ute where the guy was doing wheelies in the dirt

Yeah they had to take that one off of the air due to the police taking it literally :)

As others have said, govt BS....imagine if the govt spent the time they spend on banning crap like this because it "encourages hoon driving" and spent it on practical ways of reducing the road toll...

so did you hear that the minister for internets is now looking at getting sites that discuss games rated unsuitable for australia put on the internet filter?

Why is it they put stupid people in charge of things they do not know anything about. On something different (ad's) have you seen the ad with the kids playing in a cardboard box ? At the bottom of the screen it says "Children filmed under constant supervision" I mean WTF its a box...Anyways

Australia is f*cking out of control...jesus ,whats next ffs !

I still find it hard to believe that these idiot politicians actually believe that by banning ads like these are actually going to make a positive difference to reducing the road toll,or "hoon" behaviour.

Trouble is when it comes time to vote...who do we vote for ? ...they are ALL f*ckwits .

decisions,decisions.

Australia is f*cking out of control...jesus ,whats next ffs !

I still find it hard to believe that these idiot politicians actually believe that by banning ads like these are actually going to make a positive difference to reducing the road toll,or "hoon" behaviour.

Trouble is when it comes time to vote...who do we vote for ? ...they are ALL f*ckwits .

decisions,decisions.

I think the general view is that people are idiots. We can't make up our own minds on anything so the government says well we'll make up their minds for them. Like trying to ban computer games because of violence and the influence this has on little kids. HELLO!! it's MA15 for a reason. The parents should say no you cannot play this game you arent 15. But they dont and then they whinge and moan that something needs to be done so the government does something. Same for these ads. The ute ad for the dunnydore ute was pulled because of depicting dangerous driving i.e circle work. It's generally not the general populace that complains its the elderly generation. No offence to the elderly.

I'll be quiet now.

"Hoons" have been doing wheel spinning since long before this ad ever came along. And they will continue to do wheel spins long after the ad has faded away.

Some people need to get a life.

"Hoons" have been doing wheel spinning since long before this ad ever came along. And they will continue to do wheel spins long after the ad has faded away.

Some people need to get a life.

Really??? Wow. I didn't realise that. I thought that if it was taken of the telly that it wouldn't happen in real life. How silly do I look now.