SAU Community

Just Checking Out Stagea's... Quick Q...

hey guys, new to stagea's. i just have a quick question.

whats the 'average' cost for a full R34 front end conversion on a 99'/00' Stagea? (more so a 99'/00' RS4-S)

i LOVE the R34 front end look and wouldnt consider a Stagea if i couldnt include the conversion into the cost of purchase.

is there a workshop/s that offer a drive in/drive out (inc a bit of time in the shop of course) R34 conversion?

if theres a tread with all the answers im looking for please (which im sure there is) feel free to link me.

Edited by SU8TLE

hey guys, new to stagea's. i just have a quick question.

whats the 'average' cost for a full R34 front end conversion on a 99'/00' Stagea? (more so a 99'/00' RS4-S)

i LOVE the R34 front end look and wouldnt consider a Stagea if i couldnt include the conversion into the cost of purchase.

is there a workshop/s that offer a drive in/drive out (inc a bit of time in the shop of course) R34 conversion?

if theres a tread with all the answers im looking for please (which im sure there is) feel free to link me.

Beat me. :) Search member "Darrinspencer", dunno where you are located but these fellas in NSW are on bodykit fitting subject right now. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Bo...r-t276836.html#

Cheers GW

Edited by 260tech

From memory the MASA kit is about 5k. Its all fibreglass IIRC. Its essentially replacement parts specific for the stagea to make it LOOK like a R34, not parts off an actual R34 (although I'm sure there are similarities).

From memory the MASA kit is about 5k. Its all fibreglass IIRC. Its essentially replacement parts specific for the stagea to make it LOOK like a R34, not parts off an actual R34 (although I'm sure there are similarities).

Quick Question (maybe off topic slightly)

What is the quality of MASA kits in general?

Do they fit up without modification?

yeah i was figuring $6K+

any links to somewhere about this MASA kit? info?

EDIT: dont worry, i found the MASA motorsport website

http://www.masamotorsports.com/selection/m-34rgt/

how great does that kit look... not the vomit orange colour.

Edited by SU8TLE

SEARCH is your friend :-)

Found this post from another thread.....

The complete kit costs;

-Guards $ 690.00/pr

-Bar reo $ 350.00

-Headlight adaptors $ 200.00/pr

-Bonnet Hybrid $1,200.00

-R34 GTR bar $ 450.00

-Front Lip $ 250.00

-Splitter/Diffuser $ 600.00 (Opitonal)

All these pieces come to $3,740.00

All these prices are for fibreglass (FRP) products.

We can do the bar, lip and diffuser in a flexi version too, so it behaves just like a O/E plastic item, even sounds like them when you tap it.

This kit means no de-gassing of the air conditioning core.

The bonnet goes straight on to the factory Stagea hinges. It lines up with the rubber stops and bonnet catch. As it is a R34 top skin with a Stagea under-skin, so we call it a "Hybrid hood".

The headlight adaptors are moulded brackets which allow the R34's lights to mount to the Stagea's radiator support. You only need to trim a small amount of metal from the Stagea's radiator support to allow the wider R34 lights to fit in position.

We supply a template which allows you to mark out where you need to trim.

To fit them, drive in drive out would be approx another $2,640.00 (plus paint and assuming the car is straight to begin with). We can paint them too, but most people have their own painters.

This price would fluctuate depending on the mounting of any other bits and pieces, e.g. FMIC or Factory SMIC etc that may need moving or trimming to make fit.

The only other things to probably grab would be head lights and the rubber strip which fits between the top of the front bar/grill and bonnet front edge.

We can source these too if needs be.

The kit even comes with a carbon fibre bonnet prop! As you don't use the gas struts on the new hood. Or you we can get your existing gas struts de-gassed a percentage to compensate for the lighter hood.

We've done that on a few cars now when they fit lighter hoods.

Depends if you want to spend that little bit more, or just use the prop.

So to recap:

Parts- $3740 (for fibreglass copies- my stagea has GENUINE R34 GTR alloy bonnet and GENUINE R34 GTR front bar)

Fitting- $2640 + paint

Headlights (non-xenon)- around $1100

I'm up to $7480 (plus paint) so far... This aint a cheap thing to do to a car

oh and re the MASA kits, i have heard alot of people say how much of a PITA it is fitting these kits, and how much it costs to make them fit and line up just right....

Viva garage in adelaide do a r34 kit, not sure if its a full kit and how good of quality it is.

Those tyres are painted on in that MASA link.

$7K hey... hmmm... whats a 99'/00' RS4 worth these days?

i reckon if i sold the SS id have around $20K-$21K.

not saying im ready to sell, just running numbers.

I'd say $20-21K should be enough to cover it all, provided the conversion isn't over ~$7K.

However, +1 for just buying one thats already been done. You'll never get your money back on the conversion thats all. It'd be worth something, but not the full $7K.