SAU Community

Are 20' Volk Gtc's Are Too Big For A R33 Gtr?

KR4-GTR

Hey all,

Have been taking a look at some volk GTC's, the perfect set i'm after would be 19'. But how about 20'? Do you think 20' is too big for a 33 GTR?

Either way, if i also got the car lowered, what other work would be involved. i.e. - would guards need to be rolled - etc

Does anyone have any pics of 20' GTC's on 33 GTR's? I know that TOP RPM has 19' - and they are HOT! (pics attached).

post-54322-1246276132_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1246276142_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1246276304_thumb.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Edited by KR4-GTR

Dunno if these are 19" or 20" either way the offset is good and may provide you with a point of reference.

I think 20's are too big even for street shoes. 18's are probably the best performance wise and the tyres are cheaper too. I do like 19's on 33's as I myself have them but have come to realise that 18's would suffice.

post-29193-1246278551_thumb.jpg

post-29193-1246278580_thumb.jpg

post-29193-1246278613_thumb.jpg

post-29193-1246278641_thumb.jpg

Silver GTC's look very nice on 33GTR's and if you go for 10 inches wide and a 20 offset you will not have any rubber clearance problems provided you run either a 265 or 275.

Rim size is another question, 18's look good and tyres like Toyo T1R's are just under $400 each. When you go to 19's or 20's tyres prices start to rise sharpely for quality tyres.

The question is then is the car for show (go 19 or 20) or for go then stick with 18's. In my case I run 18's and put the extra $ into better quality tyres.

Dunno if these are 19" or 20" either way the offset is good and may provide you with a point of reference.

I think 20's are too big even for street shoes. 18's are probably the best performance wise and the tyres are cheaper too. I do like 19's on 33's as I myself have them but have come to realise that 18's would suffice.

those pics are a7erx's car - he is on the UK GTR forum. Those GTC's are 19" x 10.5 with a +12 offset and 285 30 19" tyres. he had to roll the rear arches and they rub on the front on full lock haha :D

cheers for the replies guys. was originally looking for a set of 34 gtr rims but based on the lack of sets available (and the price of the sets that were), i'll probably end up settling for either these or some TE37's in 19".

post-54322-1246292116_thumb.jpg

Edited by KR4-GTR

the GTC's i am looking at are 20''X 10.5. The offset is 20. Can anyone confirm if these will fit a R33 GTR?

I'm just a little worried about the fronts?

Go to the Ray Engineering website to check. They have a list of sizes for all models and tells you which model/offset/size will fit. For GTC, its not just the offset, the dish type affects the brembo clearance as well from memory.

nooooo to 20's...... slight no to 19's, i think 18's give it the right look, the car can be lower and looks more in proportion with the height and width of the car.. the 19s on those cars make them look high, and therefore make them look tall and skinny.. 18s will make it lower, and therefore shorter and wider.

19's look almost too big on an r34.

Note from the bottom of the table...

・The 18/19/20 inches INSET A in the size table denote models matching big calipers of SKYLINE,

FAIRLADY Z (Z34 and Z33), SILVIA, SUPRA, CELSIOR, RX-7 and IMPREZA.

Basically any size with INSET A will fit. Depending on how big you want... just order accordingly. The isnt a +20 offset for 20" x 10.5". Only -7, 6 and 18. I would go 18.

Anyway I hope you're doing a show car if not I stongly encourage getting 18 and maybe 19 if you're persistent about getting bigger rims.

Note from the bottom of the table...

The 18/19/20 inches INSET A in the size table denote models matching big calipers of SKYLINE,

FAIRLADY Z (Z34 and Z33), SILVIA, SUPRA, CELSIOR, RX-7 and IMPREZA.

Basically any size with INSET A will fit. Depending on how big you want... just order accordingly. The isnt a +20 offset for 20" x 10.5". Only -7, 6 and 18. I would go 18.

Anyway I hope you're doing a show car if not I stongly encourage getting 18 and maybe 19 if you're persistent about getting bigger rims.

cheers guys. looks like ill be better sticking with the search for the 34 gtr rims then. cant find any though! wish i was in the hunt a few months ago - So many back then! :laugh:

34GTR rims came out in the standard gunmetal colour and a light silver colour.

The silver ones are very hard to come by as they were on one of the limited model runs (probably a LM Edition or something similar), however the centre caps are still available new from Nissan. What I have seen done is to buy a set of silver centre caps and then have a standard set of GTR rims cleaned up (all gutter rash removed etc) and then painted silver to match the centre caps.

End result is a good looking set of rims that you know are strong.

• 3 months later...

hey man 20s are the only way to go on 33 whether it be gtr or gts-t.I got a 32 gtr with 19x9.5s on n it sit like my be 2 inches off the grounds looks good but the cops like to suck fat ones n defect me so im lookin at 20x10.5 in the gtc's as well man trust me do it n u wont look back mate dont worry bout these ppl sayin theyre in practical cos that bullshit they just dont like their cars to look good

hey man 20s are the only way to go on 33 whether it be gtr or gts-t.I got a 32 gtr with 19x9.5s on n it sit like my be 2 inches off the grounds looks good but the cops like to suck fat ones n defect me so im lookin at 20x10.5 in the gtc's as well man trust me do it n u wont look back mate dont worry bout these ppl sayin theyre in practical cos that bullshit they just dont like their cars to look good.

'Cops like to suck fat ones.....'

'20s are the only way to go on a R33.....'

'Im looking at 20's cause i get defected for my 19's....'

'We don't like our cars looking good.....'

I seriously don't need to say anything more in return to this.

Edited by PM-R33

Sadly Travis mr KR4GTR has sold his pride and joy.

Sure have! But yeah - looking back, i think 20's may have been just a bit too big.

I ended up looking at 19's in gunmetal - and they would have suited great, wanted it to look similar to the KR4 one in QLD with the plates TOP RPM.

But its new owner has similar tastes, he said he loved the look of the GTC's so wouldnt be suprised if the car ends up wearing those shoes in the near future anyway! It will be off the road for 2 months having a bit of work done - so who knows what magic we'll see happen!