SAU Community

What To Do Before Turbo Upgrade

wayde

Again, why would you upgrade the diff BEFORE the new turbo goes in??

Why fix it if it ain't broke and will do the job perfectly fine?

Unless you are planning to run a T88 on the car, don't change the diff, it's perfectly fine to support 400 rwkw, possibley more.

Save your money buddy and change it only when it needs to be done.

thanks everyone yea i want to upgrade turbo but i want everything to be ready for the extra power. how much hp or kw can stock internals handle

i already have a heavy duty clutch so thats done.

il need to do an afm but on the turbo timer it has the gauge showing it but i dont think it means i have one do i. what sort does everybody recommend.

also what injecters does everybody recommend

im planning on getting a power fc then once all is ready put on the a new turbo not sure which one yet and then get it tuned.

i finally have a well paying job now so will be able to afford what i have been wanting to do for the past year but being between jobs for most of the last 12 years has been hard just affording to live and keep petrol in it lol. still 98 octane even though it busted me.

thanks for all the advice its good when basic questions turn off subject a little bit as then i get more information which i wont have to ask later so thanks to the off topic people to lol

If its an exedy heavy duty clutch then it probably wont see over about 250ish rwkw. So depending on the power your planning on making you might need to keep that in the back of your mind. If its a greater clutch then this then my mistake lol

But yeah as stated:

ECU

Injectors

FMIC

Fuel Pump

Exhaust

AFM

all good starting points. Probably an electronic boost controller as well unless ur plannig to just run the turbo on the wastegates boost setting.

i think it might be exedy if i can remember what the guy said rightly how can i tell

i already have a electronic boost controller thanks anyway

Again, why would you upgrade the diff BEFORE the new turbo goes in??

Why fix it if it ain't broke and will do the job perfectly fine?

Unless you are planning to run a T88 on the car, don't change the diff, it's perfectly fine to support 400 rwkw, possibley more.

Save your money buddy and change it only when it needs to be done.

lol... just.... lol

thanks everyone yea i want to upgrade turbo but i want everything to be ready for the extra power. how much hp or kw can stock internals handle

il need to do an afm but on the turbo timer it has the gauge showing it but i dont think it means i have one do i. what sort does everybody recommend.

also what injecters does everybody recommend

stock internals are good for around 260-300rwkw, depending on condition, dyno etc. sometimes more but then it becomes a question of how long it'll last.

have a look at your afm and see what colour sticker it has on it. green is stock silvertop/s1 25, pink is stock s2 25, ornage is z32 airflow meter and yellow is q45. z32 afm would be fine for what your after.

as for injectors, if you dont plan on ever building the motor then some nismo 555s will do nicely

i just want to know what to do before i can upgrade to a high mount turbo. Hopefully keeping stock internals if possible.

Fmic, 3 inch hks exhaust tyrbo back, upgraded suspension and slotted hd brakes. Boost controller, turbo timer, bosch 550 hp fuel pump. I know this car had a 500 hp engine before i got it now has half cut engine new stock turbo and gear box. I think the heads from old engine but not sure.

Cheers

Wayde

I Build a R34 GTT for my mate first top turbo upgrade i've done, only usually mess with GTR's, but the car was stock to begin with, bout 10g's later it was making 300 to 320kw with ease. No detenation wat so ever, very awesome to drive. The car was done aon a very low budget had to make alot of stuff myself. Still going today 130000km running 18psi all day everyday RB25 Neo's are a very tough engine. List of parts:

Cooling Pro FMIC

Custom 3.5" Exhaust

Apexi Power FC

Gizmo EBC

Cosmetic Metal Head Gasket

GTR Nismo Fuel Pump

POD Filter

Garret 3040 Turbo

Stainless manifold

48mm external wastegate

OS Giken Twin Plate Clutch

i would only need the power fc head gasket waste gate injectors and turbo and manifold.

How much would this cost just estimates will probably fit majority by myself.