SAU Community

R35 Sets Guinness Record?

D-Spec

This GT-R - the R35 - throws even former GT-Rs into the weeds via an all-new 3.8-litre bi-turbo V6 providing 480 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque.

AWW :)

But yay for the GTR's overall and how good Nissan has done for the r35. Now the SpecV needs fastest accelerating production two-seater car :)

Edited by central coast person

Sounds legit to me. Whilst the Italian version of the Guinness Book of World Records sounds a bit odd...I suspect it's only the type of content that differentiates the Italian edition from another edition and not the records themselves. Perhaps they have more car related records in the Italian edition? Afterall, you can't fit every world record into one book.

Anyway, the record itself sounds correct. Even though there are faster accelerating cars, I can't think of any that are four seater. Only the Japanese put 4 seats into vehicles that should have 2 haha. I suspect the lap of the Nurburgring was mentioned on the plaque because this might be their criteria for a legitimately street-legal production car; they are just stating/proving that it can be driven on a public road and it is not simply a racing car with 4 seats.

Edited by Birds

You talking about the N-Ring time or the Guinness World Record Certificate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times

Wikipedia is not to be taken as solid evidance... The Motor Report does reports on many cars but still...

Nissan Motors conducted the test.

Published (Magazines) figures would be more believable...

You talking about the N-Ring time or the Guinness World Record Certificate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times

Wikipedia is not to be taken as solid evidance... The Motor Report does reports on many cars but still...

Nissan Motors conducted the test.

Published (Magazines) figures would be more believable...

I'm not seeing the relevance? What does Wikipedia have to do with this?

I'm not seeing the relevance? What does Wikipedia have to do with this?

It was in relation to the OP's question.

The article by TMR that D-Spec posted up was saying that the R35 GTR set the record for the fastest 4 seater production car and the article mentioned the N-Ring time it did.

I believe D-Spec was probably also questioning the N-Ring time.

It was for his reference...

This records stuff all seems a bit iffy to me.

I'd like to see indendent tests done by someone other than the manufacturer.

Hardthough coz then the manfuacturer could say it's not our fault that you can't drive our car fast.

Didn't Nissan and Porsche have a bit of whinge about that stuff?

It was in relation to the OP's question.

The article by TMR that D-Spec posted up was saying that the R35 GTR set the record for the fastest 4 seater production car and the article mentioned the N-Ring time it did.

I believe D-Spec was probably also questioning the N-Ring time.

It was for his reference...

Oh I get you now. You were asking if his comment was in reference to faster 0-60 times or faster Nurburgring laps. Well as pointed out in my post, I think the only thing the Nurburgring lap had to do with it was criteria for being a street-legal production car. Otherwise they would have put the lap time on the plaque too instead of just stating that it completed a lap.

With Guinness World Records there has to be a Guinness representative/supervisor present at an event for it to be officially recorded, so unless Nissan paid them off or pulled off some trickery I still say it's legit.

Oh I get you now. You were asking if his comment was in reference to faster 0-60 times or faster Nurburgring laps. Well as pointed out in my post, I think the only thing the Nurburgring lap had to do with it was criteria for being a street-legal production car. Otherwise they would have put the lap time on the plaque too instead of just stating that it completed a lap.

With Guinness World Records there has to be a Guinness representative/supervisor present at an event for it to be officially recorded, so unless Nissan paid them off or pulled off some trickery I still say it's legit.

Yeah. Hehe!!