SAU Community

Damn Hoons...

cell

8 page spread in the Sunday Mail today on the worst kind of hoons ...crush turbo cars they say...hmm

I must thank certain commodore (and other) car clubs for the safe promotion of hooning, burnouts & flouting the laws...

If you drive like a dickhead and do burnouts you deserve the best the law can throw at you ... HOWEVER we dont all do that yet we are now cast in the same light as the tools in the article..god help us all.

WE NOW HAVE THE FULLEST ATTENTION OF THE PUBLIC and 95% of us do nothing wrong...

Interesting times ahead peoples.

Edited by cell

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Read the article a bit more thoroughly. It outlines All Car Club and RCK as being the trouble makers. SAPOL have identified these clubs as the trouble makers and that other clubs (we weren't mentioned directly) were working with police promoting us as car enthusiasts, not hoons.

I'd advise everyone to read the 8 page spread properly before going for their guns. Its a small step in a positive direction, not in the wrong direction.

:)

These hoon clubs will be their own undoing. It doesn't concern us.

Edited by RubyRS4

Read the article a bit more thoroughly. It outlines All Car Club and RCK as being the trouble makers. SAPOL have identified these clubs as the trouble makers and that other clubs (we weren't mentioned directly) were working with police promoting us as car enthusiasts, not hoons.

I'd advise everyone to read the 8 page spread properly before going for their guns. Its a small step in a positive direction, not in the wrong direction.

:)

These hoon clubs will be their own undoing. It doesn't concern us.

Its the right thing to do to work with the police...however.

POLITICIANS FEAR THE PUBLIC THE MOST.

That story has cemented car crushing..period ...plus the possibility of new laws specifically targeting ..well you know who. The public dont care if its a commo or a skyline.. they want hoons gone... you watch what happens next.

And as i type this a car just did a major burnout not far from my house...great.

Time to get a VW..LOL

I had a hearty lol at Lainie Anderson's piece a bit further on, she makes mention of how a few workshops will return your car to standard if it gets defected and clear the defect and re-fit the parts. She goes on to say that if someones car got defected for illegal mods it should be crushed to stop this from happening :)

Some of the view points the media put across on this issue border on lunacy at times, makes for a great laugh if anything else.

It's all nothing new RCK has for as long as I can remember been the bottom dwellers of the car scene, bringing everyone down with them. And from what I can see ACC is just another club following in their foot steps. RCK had a big write up like this maybe 2-3 years ago.

As for car crushing, meh. I'll believe it when it actually comes in, but very doubtful on that one.

Edited by DR JOSH

what difference does it make? at the end of the day if you have a defectable car your going to get defected and if you hoon your going to get caught, dont do neither and youve got absolutely nothing too worry about. cops will never get along with car enthusiasts. thats just my opinion

at the rate the sa government is pushing this car crushing shit, its time i started considering a move to another state... :)

Just watch where you feel the need to feel the SR powers push you back into your seat and your fine.

Laws and defect laws etc are just as strict if not worse in eastern states buddy...

Just watch where you feel the need to feel the SR powers push you back into your seat and your fine.

Laws and defect laws etc are just as strict if not worse in eastern states buddy...

Except places like QLD they can get mod plates, and actually get cars engineered. Where as here engineering papers arent even worth they paper they are written on.

more likely that some moron will do something retarded in a wrx, or someone will post a video of someone drifting in japan on youtube but call it 'drifting the adelaide suburbs'.

I read the article and as far as i can tell it was about ACC, BUT it puts everyone who drives any car of interest back into the radar again as far as the public is concerned unfortunatly...The old saying one bad apple spoils the bunch.

more likely that some moron will do something retarded in a wrx, or someone will post a video of someone drifting in japan on youtube but call it 'drifting the adelaide suburbs'.

Was talking with Ben (Grim) about this the other weekend and how they're managing to get into trouble with wrx's because they're not that fast in a straight line stock, and i've never had the car get into any sort of hairy situation (done the odd hills jog in it)....If you want i'll take you for a drive you can see the amazing power of the wrx....Even my wife feels safe driving it rain hail or shine (1/2 the reason i got the thing anyways)

at the rate the sa government is pushing this car crushing shit, its time i started considering a move to another state... :P

haha im going to study interstate next year and taking my skyride with me... no crushing for meeee

haha that would be lame as.. I expect a few more ppl to do stupid stuff in the next few weeks.. car crushing WILL come definitely now :'(

Read the article a bit more thoroughly. It outlines All Car Club and RCK as being the trouble

i think the speed readers woulda read that as all car club's

lol at the guy they calling hoon, there main pic of him is with a helmet on obviously at the race track. unless thats his trademark hooning atire.

was interesting they going undercover attending events. well hopefully thatll show which car clubs cause the trouble.

could they make the article sound any more like the fast n furious blurb. secret underworld closing streets down to other motorists, some of my fav lines of it. also the comments about kidz now changing there brakes so only the front brakes come on for burnouts. the only people i know that have done that, did it in the 70s

now stop buying those papers, your only encouraging more boring articles :P

Edited by Inline 6

Soo many crap about hooning is giving me a headache, cant the commawhores go elsewhere for there hooning

Can't all the skylines, silvia's, and wrx's go somewhere else for there (sic) hooning.