SAU Community

Repairable Write-off?

AlexR34

Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of an issue I took my car today to QLD Transport to get it registered but they said I can't register it because its listed as a repairable write-off and I got to take it to an inspection center. When I bought the car I asked the guy if it had any accidents and he lied and said no (I didn't do a revs check because the car was like $1000. But the car had N.T registration and its still valid, so how could it have been registered if it was already a repairable write off and why do I have to get the QLD Inspection check which is a whopping $450 dowa :(((((((((

Anyways, any insight to this would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

ALeks

Edited by AlexR34

what car you got?.

i might be able to trade you my pushie for it

otherwise just skid ur car! wednesday nights at archie

ef falcon, no thanks for the trade and its to crap to drift would probably flip.

lol was joking about trade..

prolly the best bet is strip it and sell it back aiming to get what u paid for it..

Wrong again buddy lol I just did the Vcheck because this wasn't making any sence to me and its a repairable-writeoff -passed wovi which means its already done the test. BLoody stupid ass lady at QLD Transport she didn't read it properly. Now I have to go back again tomorrow, If they say the same shit again I will punch them in the face.

lol you will learn that ppl at QT are dumb as bat shit... when i when to get my R33 registered after importing it, they tried to tell me that they couldnt reister it cause it was an import for personal use and thought it hat to be logged as a personal import.... After geting quite angry and getting the QT lady to speak personally with my compliancer she finally got her head around the fact that its a import through a business for personal use and not a personal import.......

QT knowledge = Fail!!!!

QT... lol

They have my mates R33 registered as a 4 cyl.

Ahahah awesome for your mate only has to pay 4cyl rego. Yeah I went down this morning told them that the car had passed the WOVI because I've seen it on the REVS certificate they said theres nothing they can do as its listed as a repairable write off in their system and the system won't let them register it. But the lady gave me a number to call I went outside sat in my car and called the number, gave the lady my VIN she said walk back in and tell them I put a note down on the system. They still couldn't register it so they called the laddy I called and she said do some bypass registration where the vehicle is officially registered but not in their system because it will take them 24hrs to remove the restriction. She did that I payed my rego, got my new plates and off i went :down: So not entirely their fault. I was freaking out about having to get a WOVI its 450 plus they need your car for the whole day and they at eagle farm and its not like they going to give you a courtesy car. Its rediculous that the states can't coordinate better, the whole issue was surrounded around the fact that the car was inspected in N.T and for some reason it hasn't gone through their system here, even though its on REVS.

Try changing an engine number...

Inspector: I see you wrote is a 6 cylinder engine on here son

Me: Yep its an Rb20det

Inspector: Well, where are the spark plugs for me to count to ensure its got 6 cylinders

Me: Under that valley cover (points)

Inspector: Well, you better remove that so I can count them so I can sign it off as a 6 cylinder engine

Me: I cant, I need to remove all the pipe work and coil packs etc etc (didnt have anything in the car to do it anyway)

Inspector: Son, If I can see the spark plugs how am I to tell its a 6 cylinder

Me: Well via the engine number on the block, its an Rb20, Rb20's are a 2 litre 6 cylinder Nissan engine found in various Nissan imports and are generaly turbo charged

Inspector: You say its a 2 litre motor

Me: Yeah

Inspector: Well it must be a 4 cylinder engine then (started to change the paperwork)

Me: Told him to forget about it, and to consider a change of career as he was way too tallented to be doing this for the rest of his life... Then drove to a different DOT location and started again with much better sucess...

i would love mine to be registered as a 4 cyl

its like my mates s13 apparently its a 2005 model and the guy wouldn't take anything else

Try changing an engine number...

Inspector: I see you wrote is a 6 cylinder engine on here son

Me: Yep its an Rb20det

Inspector: Well, where are the spark plugs for me to count to ensure its got 6 cylinders

Me: Under that valley cover (points)

Inspector: Well, you better remove that so I can count them so I can sign it off as a 6 cylinder engine

Me: I cant, I need to remove all the pipe work and coil packs etc etc (didnt have anything in the car to do it anyway)

Inspector: Son, If I can see the spark plugs how am I to tell its a 6 cylinder

Me: Well via the engine number on the block, its an Rb20, Rb20's are a 2 litre 6 cylinder Nissan engine found in various Nissan imports and are generaly turbo charged

Inspector: You say its a 2 litre motor

Me: Yeah

Inspector: Well it must be a 4 cylinder engine then (started to change the paperwork)

Me: Told him to forget about it, and to consider a change of career as he was way too tallented to be doing this for the rest of his life... Then drove to a different DOT location and started again with much better sucess...

Haha intake runners, exhaust manifold etc, as if the length of the motor isn't enough of a giveaway

Reminds me of a guy a while ago ago in a mint old Falcon with a pre-crossflow 250 getting quizzed by police...

Cop: Is this a 351?

Bloke: Haha no mate, she's all standard

Cop: (Shines his torch in the guy's face) IS THIS A V8 OR A 6 CYLINDER?

Bloke: (Stunned silence) er.... it's a six....

my wagon is registered as a 2000 model. that's what the yellow plate in the engine bay says... pull it up with subaru parts and its 07/88 build.

QT= annoying.

I had no idea it was such a late model :)

QT... lol

They have my mates R33 registered as a 4 cyl.

My R34 was originally registered as a 4 cyl too. When i got the renewal and noticed it i rang them up. i had to actually go down there and get it inspected to prove that it was a 6 cyl. I only had it changed as i have a mate said that if i were to have an accident CTP may be void if the car is not registered correctly. Best to be safe then sorry...

Thats right Tenna...

You need to be honest and tick all the boxes, turning a blind eye to matters like this is a sure way to get bitten in the arse...

and for what a total saving of $150 to $200 per annum...