SAU Community

Can The Stock Injectors Handle It?

Hi Everyone,

Would I gain any bhp replacing just the fuel pump and fuel regulator on an L24E in an MR30 skyline or would no benefit be gained unless the fuel rail/injectors were replaced as well?????

Cheers

Michael

Assuming that i replace the ECU with a megasquirt or similar(sorry i didnt mention that bit in the first post lol).

Ive just been told(correct this if it is wrong) that the fuel pump is running near capacity when tuned to stock settings and must be replaced to run any higher amount of flow, just wondering if this applies to the injectors as well?????

well if an injector is installed on an engine designed for 109hp, and you want to increase that power by anything noticeable, you will need to upgrade the injectors.

there are threads discussing this

making a L24e go any better is not an easy thing to do, most cases the factory tuning will slow you down, as its the major restriction in modification

you could go the 'pod filter, advanced timing, extractors and exhaust' deal, but there wont be any drastic changes at all

the best thing is aftermarket management, or convert to another factory type, like the delco 808, or a nissan ECCS

turboing will make some good results, not cheap but can be done, the factory management can be tricked to some extent, a bit dodgey but can be done (wouldnt go past 4 or 5 psi though)

Im convinced the cheapest way to get an R30 to go quick is an RB30e conversion, or turbo the L24

Thanks for the replies everyone,

As i dont really want to do an engine transplant ill look at the turbo option(sure there are already lots of threads dealing with that so ill do a search)

Cheers

Michael