SAU Community

Show me the craziest S13 swap you can find

AREITU

Hi, I'm new here and I've heard about some intresting engine swaps and engine combinations come out of Austrailia, like the RB30 with the 26 head, etc. I told my friends and they dared me to ask you guys to show us the craziest engine swaps Yanks have never seen! Show me V8s in S13s or any other work-inteisive but ultimately bizzare engine swaps!

Originally posted by neil_se

13b turbo, 2jz, 1jz, vg30det, rb26dett, rb25dett have all been done in australia. putting a v8 in would be sacrilege.

Links/Pics please!:)

the last 3 of those conversion have all been performed by TTracing in brisbane. the rb25dett is (as far as is known) australia's fastest silvia, the vg30 is owned by the owner of TTracing but was only completed the night before jamboree so i'm still waiting to hear about it's power and times. his son owns an rb26dett silvia but i haven't heard much about that.

the 13b turbo silvia is also in queensland and is almost finished i think. i have heard of the 1jz and 2jz being done but i haven't seen them and can't exactly remember where.

rb25dett silvia

S2400116.JPG

vg30det silvia

S2400115.JPG

my mate, is using my old engine, making it around 200kw's at the crank (not much, but its remaining NA) before nos, and its going in his s13, its gonna be using 100hp+ nos setup.

Originally posted by dangerous_daveo

Even a twin turbo Nissan 4.5L quad cam V8? :)

Already been done... it's in Newcastle/Hunter in a shed (Maitland) except it's a nutso NA one with 8-throttle induction and mega-spec cams. Hooked up to Skyline 5spd 'box and GT-R diff that's been cut-n-shut to fit.

Yet to run more than a few hundred meters as it has problems with gearbox vibration they can't sort out once the car gets over 40km/h

There's also a Supra in Tas with a JGTC-spec 3UZ-FE in NA-trim.

Very cool...:D

Originally posted by Sonic

There's also a Supra in Tas with a JGTC-spec 3UZ-FE in NA-trim.

Very cool...:P

Theres a what down here? Can't say I've heard of that beast.

And whats a 3UZFE? I thought there was only the 1UZFE 4.0l and the 4.7l 2UZFE in the Cruisers?

I'll believe it when I see it!

cheers,

floody

The 3UZFE is out of the Japanese Celsior... and I think its the Lexus SC430 in Oz?

Bugger the 3UZFE, someone should put the 1GZFE V12 out of the Toyota Century into a Trueno or an Altezza, cut n` shut, I know but... can you imagine?