SAU Community

Gtr Performance!!!!!

SIR33

Depends where you get them from.. about 4.5g to 5g AUD for brand new 2 x gt-rs. I would assume similar price for hks twin 2530/2540. :) Works out almost the same price if you order two garrett gt25 thats rated to 400hp with similar a/r housings... :)

That's right, for 300kw at the wheels you will need the following.

Bigger turbos say 2540's, power fc, cam gears, injectors, rail, pump, regulator, exhaust, bigger cooler & probably suggest some coils and a bloody good tuner. You can pretty well get to 270kw at the wheels with out doing the fuel system but again you need a good tuner. Bottom line is you need money.:uh-huh:

Ive got an R32 GTR with 2530's and power fc (and avc-r) and my god it flys, as you probably should be able to tell by my smashed gearbox and clutch :rolleyes: (quarter mile attempt #1 gone wrong)

The car made 309kw on a dynopak dyno, so this is around the 280-290kw mark at all wheels. It was a pretty good tune I guess now (in hindsight), car never detonated, but I was frequently getting warnings from the Power FC that the injector duty cycle was 90%+ when I was full throttle coming upto 7000rpm. My advice would be;

Power FC, HKS 2530/GT-RS, HKS adjustable cam gears, new fuel pump, new injectors and if youre budget can stretch it, a HKS step 1 (256 degree) exhaust camshaft... the exhaust camshaft makes quite a large power difference, and on a similar setup to my car previously, would make 50kw more at the wheels than the best I could do.

Hmmmmm. 300 rwkw cheaply...

I would go for a pair of N1 turbos (or standard turbos with N1 internals) around $2200. Bolt straight up, saves heaps on pipework and fittings.

Pair of split dump pipes say $700.

3" engine pipes and 3.5" exhaust $900.

Bosch 044 motorsport fuel pump $400.

Adjustable Sard fuel pressure regulator $350

Standard injectors OK, with 10% overdrive using higher fuel pressure.

Used set of HKS 264 cams say $800

Standard intercooler OK

That totals around $5500 plus fitting (if you can't do it yourself) and tuning. Sounds about right.

It would have good average power as well, not just a peeky 300 rwkw at one single rpm point.

Hope that helps