SAU Community

Tyres?

see, now that's the problem with your local tyres shop. they spend the day putting tyres on mum's camry.

how could he dismiss a whole brand as not being very good? how many tyres do you think they have actually tried? or if you want to be more cynical, what's the chance they recommend the tyre with the best margin.

Extremely high

Well GTR91 buying tyres is the hard way to find out if you like them. I don't know where you live but maybe you can find a few members near you and try out their tyre of choice and see how you like them.

I'm running B F Goodrich G force profilers 235/40/18 I find them pretty good wet & dry.

cost about $1100 for the set fitted, there a 45 series in the 245 though

recommended for skylines/wrx/350z etc

My RE001's are 18months old with atleast 30k km's on them, i run them at 40psi cold in a 225/50/16 and they are still good wet and dry.

i think the jap made ones are diff to elsewhere, atleast that is what Craig said at the time...

I'm running B F Goodrich G force profilers 235/40/18 I find them pretty good wet & dry.

cost about $1100 for the set fitted, there a 45 series in the 245 though

recommended for skylines/wrx/350z etc

another good tyre but michelin (who make and supply bfg) have been pretty crap lately when it comes to availabilty of tyres in australia, we seem to be down on the priority list a little

D.

LOL I pretty much made up my mind I'd be going with the Potenza RE001s. That was until I couldn't find a shop that had any in stock. 3 weeks wait, 1 month wait, maybe next week sometime ...meh

So after much searching and mucking around I've finally settled on some Kumho KU36s. The guy at the shop I'm getting them from said they are made at the same factory that make Hankook tyres, and use the same compounds and so on. I originally wanted Hankooks, but they don't do a 245 in 18" rim but Kumho do.

Never owned a set of Kumho before ...

LOL I pretty much made up my mind I'd be going with the Potenza RE001s. That was until I couldn't find a shop that had any in stock. 3 weeks wait, 1 month wait, maybe next week sometime ...meh

So after much searching and mucking around I've finally settled on some Kumho KU36s. The guy at the shop I'm getting them from said they are made at the same factory that make Hankook tyres, and use the same compounds and so on. I originally wanted Hankooks, but they don't do a 245 in 18" rim but Kumho do.

Never owned a set of Kumho before ...

want KU36 at half of retail?

http://www.option1garage.com.au/NewTyres.htm

Did you try craig at trackside for RE001s?

You guys do not want to know how much I had to pay for my Goodyear Eagle F1's.... 235/50 18. Broke my heart to get them, but at least they are a top notch tyre..

Had to fit them for Vic Roads, as the Bridgestone 225/55 18 did not match the tire placard or the compliance paperwork... Dam typos..

At least the Bridgestones are now sitting in the shed ready for when the Goodyears wear out.

WOW! 245/40/18 KU36 $254.00 that's a damn nice price.

I'm paying $288 a piece which equals $136 extra. Too bad I'm not in QLD :P

dude they post for around 30 a pair i think

i was quoted 710 for a set of 17's delivered.

Edited by RB_Ryan

After much searching I settled for the TOYO Proxes 4, they are an excellent tyre superb grip in the dry and excellent in the wet. But more importantly to me they had a much higher load rating than all the other usual suspects for the size I required.

With such a heavy wagon the load rating is important to me. . .

Being a family wagon as such I could not justify the extra coin for the R1R's or the semi slick R888. The R888 are the best fun you will have with rubber. . including sex. . .lol

sumitomo htr ziii. i got 235x40(or45)x18 for $235 each fitted. have been running them on the last few cars ive owned. real nice tyre!

before you ask who sumitomo are, go check the manufacturer of your factory brake calipers (that arent brembo)

sumitomo make everything. put one of these on ur car, good traction and the power to crush those who disobey you. :P

post-41608-1247745908_thumb.jpg