SAU Community

Cruise Section Then Ey>?

Ripp3r

this is for leaders/members of SAU:SA CLUB can we a have a sticky for cruises, now that there is a official club and all and maybe have once a month cruises?? instead of random every Friday night stuff?? (they are fine to continue but a larger group thats organized would be more worth it)..

So say it was a Sticky or so only leader of club can post?

-EXAMPLE-

SAU:SA Cruise 07/08/09 - Members will PM'd of meet point and time.

SAU:SA Cruise 11/09/09 - Members will PM'd of meet point and time.

and so on... just a thought

so why forse people to use the events section then? have the mods move all the events stuff to events, sticky the important events in that section... all thats going to happen is this will turn into another "events callander" that is already stickied that no one uses...

I think some of you newer lads should have a read of this thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pr...l=kellie+cruise

It explains why no one is that keen on big cruises anymore, and also the fact that one member had his GTR crashed into on a cruise in the hills not long before this happend.

I think some of you newer lads should have a read of this thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pr...l=kellie+cruise

It explains why no one is that keen on big cruises anymore, and also the fact that one member had his GTR crashed into on a cruise in the hills not long before this happend.

or that other time when 2 people >died<

-D

what about the time the 3 black honda's with neons attacked us for the fuel in our tanks and car stereos then made there getaway driving underneath a truck

Edited by Inline 6

this is for leaders/members of SAU:SA CLUB can we a have a sticky for cruises, now that there is a official club and all and maybe have once a month cruises?? instead of random every Friday night stuff?? (they are fine to continue but a larger group thats organized would be more worth it)..

So say it was a Sticky or so only leader of club can post?

-EXAMPLE-

SAU:SA Cruise 07/08/09 - Members will PM'd of meet point and time.

SAU:SA Cruise 11/09/09 - Members will PM'd of meet point and time.

and so on... just a thought

In light of events on a previous cruise (as per Chad's link), and I think I speak on behalf of the senior SAU-SA commitee members, Not Interested!!

You don't need SAU-SA's involvement to conduct your own regular cruises......that's not what the club is about. That's not to say SAU-SA won't ever organize a cruise but if it does, there'll more than likely be an event attached to it or finish up with maybe a BBQ lunch or for a charity event or after an event like the Riverland Show that also incorporates a cruise & BBQ.

These regular aimless cruises that continue through till 2 or 3 am around the CBD are inviting trouble and whether you like it or not, are (in the eyes of the law) associated with the likes of RCK etc.....whether you do a skid or not, you'll be tarnished with the same brush.

what about the time the 3 black honda's with neons attacked us for the fuel in our tanks and car stereos then made there getaway driving underneath a truck

bro that was the time we ate blue meanies and u though that your y fronts was trying to eat your tockley

irrelevant

-D

LOL buahahha i think i seen this in a movie? lol

No one else coming? I dont want to be defected by myself! :)

DSTROY- read topic now :P

well thats gay then... delete the topic then sled, but i do think it is funny how most members in that thread posted by kellie said their car was defectable and their user name or number plate in profile pic says who they are.. whats stopping cops from looking in that thread and going defectable defectable defectable lol<(profile pics) haha probably got something on all of their cars now anyway rofl.. If ppl dont wanna organise that stuff i understand but still think its gay as ;)

No one else coming? I dont want to be defected by myself! :)

lol

In the eyes of the law...........yes

In the eyes of the young hoons.........yes

hmm yepo

but i think i might ask kellie now when she might have another cruise, because of that thread i think the cops are treating ppl alright. and if its dangerously modded maybe you got mixed up and thought you could put your racing car on the road lol < not much pitty for you there.. yet to go on a good cruise then OR some1 get a charity cruise on quick/more often rofl

I don't know if she would hold another one....

While I was NOT an active member of the SAU community when that cruise went on, I have heard about it from various people and I don't know it was as bad as it was made out to be. Obviously Kellie doesnt come on here much anymore, which is unfortunate because I think she has something to bring to the SAU community - just look at the now formed SAU:SA, Kellie was the one who kicked things off (yes I know it's not the first time it was tried).

The Stagea cruise mentioned in that thread was my last Stag cruise (co-cordinated with the help of Adam also). 25 Stageas (a record), lots of mods, and zero defects. 9 months on and those Stageas are still around ... so much for the defect list theory. ;)

Personally, I believe its just Skyline owners jealous that Stageas got under the radar unharmed :P

In light of events on a previous cruise (as per Chad's link), and I think I speak on behalf of the senior SAU-SA commitee members, Not Interested!!

You don't need SAU-SA's involvement to conduct your own regular cruises......that's not what the club is about. That's not to say SAU-SA won't ever organize a cruise but if it does, there'll more than likely be an event attached to it or finish up with maybe a BBQ lunch or for a charity event or after an event like the Riverland Show that also incorpoates a cruise & BBQ.

These regular aimless cruises that continue through till 2 or 3 am around the CBD are inviting trouble and whether you like it or not, are (in the eyes of the law) associated with the likes of RCK etc.....whether you do a skid or not, you'll be tarnished with the same brush.

+1

SAU:SA will more than likely attach cruises to a planned event.

:)

but i think i might ask kellie now when she might have another cruise, because of that thread i think the cops are treating ppl alright. and if its dangerously modded maybe you got mixed up and thought you could put your racing car on the road lol < not much pitty for you there.. yet to go on a good cruise then OR some1 get a charity cruise on quick/more often rofl

Give it a few years and see how street legal your car is! Unless your saying that your not going to put any illegal mods on your car ever???

Some of us prefer to get couple of cars together and go for a blast in the hills, way more fun than driving around the suburbs dodging cops.

ROFLCOPTER with extra cheese!

Inline 6 is the funniest mofo alive, i actually wee'd my pants on that one.

actually.

On topic though, I'm keen for cruises all the time, I think people are making too big a deal out of all the defecting, crashing etc... we have skylines (and the like) there will be the occasional defect and (hopefully rarely) the occasional accident. If you own a skyline, stag and it's not bog stock then this is what you signed up for.

IMHO If these are reasons to never cruise then you might as well never drive the damn thing. Sell your car, buy a model of it to keep on the mantle piece.

Some of us prefer to get couple of cars together and go for a blast in the hills, way more fun than driving around the suburbs dodging cops.

100% agree! I even tend to go for a drive through the hills by myself on a weekday night - absolutely minimal traffic and full of awesome driving.