SAU Community

After Some Advice For Tail Pipe Hangers

Hey guys....

I am in need of some help, my A31 ceffy has had no tail pipe for some while now as its just been sitting around in the garage,

This is mainly due to the hangers not being there.

There is nothing existing there at the moment for me to hold up the tail pipe so i was just after some ideas from ur own cefiro's.

I have a 3'' pipe with a single canon which i may get rid of and change it to dual straight pipes similar to the Dart Izumi style.

If any of u has pics or can be bothered to crawl under there and take a pic for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Also do 1 piece aftermarket R32Gtst or R33 dump+front pipes bolt up without any trouble?

Thanks guys for any information that can be shared with me.

Skyline exhausts don't fit because they are shorter wheelbase than the cefiros/laurels.

Mine has a bracket right behind the rear bumper for the exhaust hanger. I'd suggest get rid of the cannon and get the pipes on.

4 door skylines have the same wheelbase as 2 doors. A31/C33 have a longer wheelbase (hence why you can't use skyline tailshafts).

Could try an R31? Would have to see what their exhausts look like.

A31/C33 catbacks are pretty straight, they only have 1 30deg set in them. (Not like skyline/silvia exhausts have multiple 90deg bends)

What about just the section between the turbo and the cat?? (the dump and front pipe)

is that part roughly similar to R32 or 33?

From cat back i will get custom made as it has only 1 slight bend and is fairly easy to make by the looks of it, just want to know if the dump and front pipe will fit up alright.

Thanks Daisu for info on the hanger.... you wouldnt happen to have any pics of it?