SAU Community

Profec B Spec2 On Rb26

My question is.....

Has anyone tried taking a pressure source from the pipe that comes directly off the turbos and mounting the solenoid on the turbo side of the engine thus keeping the run of the hoses as short as possible?!?

My car is set up like this with my solenoid mounted under my air filters and i have basically zero spike even running 18psi

Edited by DSTROY

My car is set up like this with my solenoid mounted under my air filters and i have basically zero spike even running 18psi

This is on the 26 right?

If so, did u try it any other way before and was getting spike?

Where exactly did u take the pressure source from? Any pics?

• 9 months later...

old thread i know but saves me starting a new one :D

ive got a profec b spec 2 installed, ive got it running 13.2 (ish)psi on high boost, holds it steady no problems, but when i flick through the menu and get to PEAK BOOST it shows around 14.2 (ish)psi

i never actualy see this 14psi on the screan, why is this?

also is it ok to spike 1psi ? obviously no spike would be better, but can this do any harm?

hopefuly get some good answers, its been worrying me abit :S

cheers

i didn't read the whole thread, but on stock turbo there is no point going over 12 psi anyway....

just run it on your 12 psi setting and the 13psi spike wont matter...

fwiw i run 19psi with the gain on full for a 21psi spike on a blitz dsbc spec s (same same but different) to make the car a little more aggressive

however i also run a progressive timing map so when the boost spikes the timing doesn't

That peak u are seeing is the spike on gear changes and happens so fast its really nothing to worry about.

I cut down my spiking by putting the solenoid closer to the turbos and keeping the run of the hoses to the actuators as short as possible but it still spikes within 1.5-2 psi.

also forgot to say it only happens when you rev out 1st gear, other gears seem ok

my boost control solenoid is mounted under the air filters, so the hoses going to the wastegates are pretty short !

as long as that 1psi of peak isnt doin any harm im fine with it hehe

profec solenoids pulse too much air out, use a restrictor. Also dont run cheap silicon hose that expands, make sure you run rubber hoses and keep them as short as possible, run signal from the hot pipe.

Blitz dual solenoid is the best, gfb atomic bleed valve is better than the profec comes with an inbuilt restrictor.