SAU Community

Removing Rear Spoiler Off R33

not sure if this is a repost, i couldnt find it any where, just wonderin how u would take the spoiler off a r33, i took the bolts out and i think it is glued on some how.

should i just take it to a body shop? king pin customs or something?

nah you can do it yourself i did mine, take off all bolts, and yeah theres glue. what i did was wrapped a flathead screw driver in electrical tape so it doesnt scratch the paint, wedge it in and push it up then when theres bit of a gap i used a stanly knife and cut through sum of the glue to make it easier, then eventually pull hard =]

ok mad, so wat about all the glue that will be stuck to the boot? and wat about the holes?

you can get a cleaning solution from the car shops for the sticky stuff, not sure what its called, haven't used it in a while.

as for holes, make a visit to bunnings for some plastic plugs, works a treat :P

i used eucalyptus oil and a cloth and got all of it off perfectly. scrube hard n makes it nice n shiny too, doesnt damage the paint or anything. ..as for the holes pop down to super cheap auto and get few packs of rubber grommets, does the job perfectly.

There are also some plastic clip in fasteners two on each side if i remember right.There are 4, one in each corner. you can see 3 of them in this pic and where the 4th one is missing. on mine they were VERY tight to the point of the old wing cracking above where one of the plastic clips were.

post-38410-1247706862_thumb.jpg

I am removing mine too.... I'm debadging mine before I turn it into a sleeper... if a 33 could ever be considered one... there are heaps in my town which are rice'd up and modded up.... just gonna keep the stocko look without badges :D

Get the bonet painted at the same time as das boot lid =D

• 1 year later...
what reason are you removing it for?

Im taking mine off, its the real square looking one and i don't like the way it makes the car look so square. if i had one of the standard rounded ones i wouldn't hate it so much. but even though the boot was designed to house a spoiler i don't mind the look of them without one