SAU Community

Scammed On Ebay

No Crust Racing

I'm in the lengthy process of trying to get a refund or my GT-R seats (I received R32 GTST seats) from drifterslovenissan on eBay.

This user had low but perfect feedback when I bought the GT-R seats ($500 worth as the pic showed them to be in excellent condition) but now has very bad feedback as he continues to try and scam others.

eBay is taking action at present so I don't think anything is for sale right now but I wanted to share my experience to help others avoid a similar fate.

I've used eBay since 2003 and never had an issue, I have 100% positive feedback etc

I made the mistake of using a direct transfer to speed up the process as I wanted the seats fast for an upcoming drift day, yes my mistake and I'll wear that. Use PayPal always!

OK so the issues I have are these... (A mate of mine is a cop so I'm working with him on this too)

I'm not able to pursue criminal action as I was sent "something" so it becomes a Civil matter instead but to pursue civil action I need the correct contact details.

The phone number listed on the ebay account goes to a tafe institute in Sydney but they haven't heard of the name listed on the ebay account or the surname listed on the bank account (which shows up when you do the transfer)

The phone number listed on the con note for the seats isn't answered but has an address of 45 Cooks Ave Canterbury and the business name is called The Ultimate Riders (google street view shows a residential house at this address.

The bank account used is for an account held at the NAB in Campsie (one suburb over).

But to get proper contact info from the bank or from ebay (maybe his credit card info on paypal or ebay etc) I need police intervention but to get that it has to be a criminal matter which it isn't.

The email account listed, [email protected] is not being answered either.

The saga continues.

I'm fully aware that it was my mistake to use direct deposit so I'd appreciate if people could hold back on the "that was so stupid using direct transfer" I already know lol

I'm just hoping to help others avoid the same trap from this guy, hopefully eBay has stepped in to stop him trading as he was relisting all the same items including the seats, same pics same auction etc.

We'll see how I go but I'm doubtful of getting anything back. In related news, I have some very expensive R32 GTST seats here in pretty good condition lol

**EDIT**

These are the listed contact details

User ID:

drifterslovenissan

Name:

Peter Grinsberg

Company:

City:

Sydney

State:

New South Wales

Australia

Phone:

Taht phone number goes to OTEN at a TAFE Institude in Sydney somewhere.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound burned =\

I'm not expecting much from eBay beyond canning the account and co-operating with enquiries that come their way from the authorities.

See how we go.

I know it's only $500 but this type of stuff really gets me fired up.

**EDIT** A mate of mine just finished dealing with PayPal and got his 1K back from a dodgy transaction. Had to jump through some hoops though.

Edited by ActionDan

I bought an external gate over ebay, paid through paypal and it never turned up, i was lucky, the problem with paypal is that unless the person has money in there account you wont get your money back.

Now your going to have to sift through pages of people saying your an idiot for doing it, i have done it many times and have only been stung once, the money i have saved more than compensates for that one, plus being able to get things that are not stocked in shops or no one has locally, i will do it again no matter what ppl say, let them pay double the price for everything because there is only one person selling the item they want locally and are asking drug money for it.

Looks like he is continuing his scamming ways...these were only advertised a couple of days ago & i actually sent him an offer,because he had a buy it now price of $400 or a make an offer.

I hope pricks like this get the piss beaten out of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...alenotsupported

Edited by ezy_09s

yeah ebay is a shocking company when this happens.

I tried for neally a year after I had someone scam me - was only around 100$ - yet ebay didnt want to know about it or help in anyway - I was only contacted by email and every email was the same - just electronically explaining things and how I could get help and even when i followed the directions they gave me.. nothing - i ended up calling and still didnt get anywhere...

gave up eventually..

Looks like he is continuing his scamming ways...these were only advertised a couple of days ago & i actually sent him an offer,because he had a buy it now price of $400 or a make an offer.

I saw these seats and immediately knew something was wrong. Advertised as R32, less than half price of normal and the guys feedback was pretty bad. Whoever bought them was not paying much attention...

I've been burned by ebay a couple of times now and wont be buying anything over $100 from there again unless I can collect it personally and pay cash.

This user had low but perfect feedback when I bought the GT-R seats ($500 worth as the pic showed them to be in excellent condition) but now has very bad feedback as he continues to try and scam others.

The item ended 12th July. Bad feedback before this date are:

24th June

12th June

11th June (Neutral)

Thats 3 bad out of what would have been 8 total feedback before 12th July. ......Are you sure you checked it correctly???

My only bad experience with ebay over years was buying a Wii controller which never arrived. Notified PayPal who refunded me promptly. The most expensive item i purchased was a camera lense which costed $3,0000 but i made sure i checked them out thoroughly ei: they were an ebay shop, a member for many years, item was insured, and i payed through PayPal.

If i was looking at that ad i would be asking questions, the pics are of gtr seats but the ad says there only r32 seats with no mention of them being gtr seats.

Well it appears the address I have here is where the seats I received were collected from by the freight company so that's likely where he lives but turning up at his place is unlikely to resolve anything (plus im about 6hrs away) and could make matters worse (who knows what kind of low life freak he is).

I'm working on a few other things so we'll see how we go.

At the very least he's not trading right now.

lol don't tell me that Adz, I like the idea that it's some scary crazy freak that I couldn't beat the shit out off easily if at all.

as an aside: it's been really interesting to see the different responses as I posted this over at NS as well.

I'm a Skyline man through and through but I bought an S13 as a track/play car so have been spending some time over at NS as well.

By and large I don't think too much of the NS forums or the community as a whole so far.

MY love still lies with SAU :)

(I'll get another GT-R down the track so don't flame me too hard!)

lol don't tell me that Adz, I like the idea that it's some scary crazy freak that I couldn't beat the shit out off easily if at all.

as an aside: it's been really interesting to see the different responses as I posted this over at NS as well.

I'm a Skyline man through and through but I bought an S13 as a track/play car so have been spending some time over at NS as well.

By and large I don't think too much of the NS forums or the community as a whole so far.

MY love still lies with SAU :domokun:

(I'll get another GT-R down the track so don't flame me too hard!)

You're forgiven :D I'm mainly on NS to look at/contact the traders. Don't bother trying to get any correct technical information from there, you'd be lucky if one response out of thirty is from someone who knows what they're talking about and didn't hear it from their dad's uncle's pet turtle.

You're forgiven :D I'm mainly on NS to look at/contact the traders. Don't bother trying to get any correct technical information from there, you'd be lucky if one response out of thirty is from someone who knows what they're talking about and didn't hear it from their dad's uncle's pet turtle.

Haha, also be warned about there trader ratings, some have had issues with certain traders on there who have great reputations.

Oh, the Fitness diet and bodybuilding section is excellent, there technical info is second to none ! :domokun:

Well it appears the address I have here is where the seats I received were collected from by the freight company so that's likely where he lives but turning up at his place is unlikely to resolve anything (plus im about 6hrs away) and could make matters worse (who knows what kind of low life freak he is).

I'm working on a few other things so we'll see how we go.

At the very least he's not trading right now.

What suburb is this guy in? Someone might be able to drive by his house and give you some info?

I'm not asking for anyone to put themselves out or in danger nor take matters into their own hands, the law is the law regardless of what side you're on :D

45 Cooks Av Canterbury is the address where the seats were picked up (the GTST seats) for reference though.