SAU Community

I Think My Cars @#$@#ed

well, no one really knows. we have had people say yes 1bar from factory, some people say 10-12psi lol who knows.

take it off the car and see how tight the spring in it is....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little update

turbo will be backon wednesday

im thinking of getting a blowjob vavle along with the new turbo

wats the though on that?

Stock BOV will be fine... unless you want that ghey "PSSSHHHHHTTTT" when you lift off.

nice blitz filter, looks exactly like mine lol

whats interesting about it?? i ask because i cant have volume on my machine, people will hear

I think Danny is pointing to the "tu tu tu tu".

Different to "psssshhhhhtttt", but still ghey...

... Why would you want your M35 to sound like a crappy VN Crappydore?

go watch some of the edward lees videos. the old man (edward) has no idea about cars, it makes me wonder how he sold cars! he was driving mine (thats where it came from) and i was explaining things to him! according to him (and he says it on the video) they have a VQ35 motor, and dual zone climate control! wow i had no idea hahah not to mention tv and sat nav!

i am no ricer.... and hate really loud blow of valves but i think they can sound good, and i love that tu tu tu tuuuu sound which i have been told comes from the waste gate.. is that true?

nope, its air bouncing back from the throttle and going back out the turbo. its essentially air changing direction!

the other flutter you hear on WRC cars are a pop off valve (i think) not to be confused with a blow off valve. i think they go after the throttle body not before it like a BOV does

so how do i get that damn fluttering sound

there is a VERY cheap way to do this.

find the BOV return pipe where it goes back into the intake. remove pipe. insert a coke bottle lid (i found pepsi and fanta were better for performance) and put a clamp over it so it doesnt move. replace pipe. flutter will now occur.

if a coke bottle lid isnt big enough, just put something in there that wont leak or move. but remember to clamp it! you dont want it being sucked into the engine.

An even cheaper way (have you seen the price of coke?) would be to disconnect the vacuum line from the BOV itself. Buy I do not really recommend it - The factory didn't put them in for the sake of it, the pressure reversion isn't healthy for the turbos wellbeing.

that wont work. the spring tension itself without the vacuum line behind it isnt enough to keep it shut all the time. it will open with the boost pressure and also with the sudden pressure increase when the throttle closes

:ninja: You really want to waste money on pssssshhhh or tu tu tu tu!!!!....couple more dollars and you can go paddle shift.

....or even different headlights aye Cam :)!!!

So what do you want? Paddles or a manual??

nyaanyaa all you want bud. Once the front is done, all I will feel is satisfaction when I look at my car... I also take solice in the fact that when you look at your car, all you see is a stoned Pokemon. :ninja:

Edited by iamhe77

that wont work. the spring tension itself without the vacuum line behind it isnt enough to keep it shut all the time. it will open with the boost pressure and also with the sudden pressure increase when the throttle closes

Fair call - I didn't know if the spring would hold it closed or not.

But the point about keeping one in use remains!