• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by puckish

. HyundaiO

3. Anything else made in Korea/Former Soviet Eastern Bloc Nation.

OI!!! wait until they develope some nice cars... TIME will tell!!

when HONDA started making A car From bikes, people laugh.

but who's laughing at NSX-R? eh?

Give time to Korean companies, they will be up there with other manufactures :)

**** that would never sell my sky for a exel, just some thing thats been on my mind, and it seems that us japanese car enthusists are starting to form smaller groups, didnt we all get in the japanese car seen to show the big block boys that cubes dont always mean a fast car i know i did anyway.

Originally posted by raz0r$harP

Rice boys?

one word - VTEC

:)

:) anyone told u NSX has Vtec?

go to the track or the hill u will understand what they really are

Rezz:

areo mirrior are damn sexy, but they are TOO small to look at. Specially those racing carbon fibre mirror

Originally posted by morboost

There has to be some sort of respect to some one that can turn a standed mums shopping trolley into some thing that he can cuze with pride,  dont you think.

There was a guy in one of the car mags driving a modded up Hyundai Accent. The article said it was like the second or third fastest four cylinder car in Australia... THAT'S repectable, even if the car is barely running any stock parts at all.

When it comes down to it tho, get what you want for your car if you think it looks cool. Today this red pulsar came past me, lowered, custom paint job, custom body kit and bonnet, bigger exhaust, the full timers and stuff on the bonnet, bigger wheels, and I just looked and laughed cause i could picture my grandma behind the wheel of a pulsar, but obviously the owner thought it was cool, and in the end that's all that really counts. So go for it mate, if you think it looks cool then do it. Don't worry about other people.

well i think u have been getting some overwhelming support in here morboost, and i think shows that most people use the term rice boy when is it REALLY necessary

case in point. A friend of mine bought a white Lancer, $15,000, 1.6ltr. He has lots of things in mind, but they include lowering, kit, wheels etc. Who know's, maybe another $5k on top, so $20,000 all up on the car. Yet he still talks about racing, dragging, etc. If these people putting on the evo kits etc want a performance car, they could bloody well buy one with all the money spent on their NA 1.6ltr.

I have a 1991 pulsar 1.6 hatch, looking at spending about $3k on it, to get about 110kw's at the fly (only weighs 1000kg), and not touching anything on the exterior. Car's worth about $4k, so say $7k all up for a 110Kw, 1 tonne car. And my friend will have a $20K kitted lancer?? IMO it's just not justified to do these sorts of things, it's such a waste of money. I've talked to him, asked him, do u want a fast, performance car?? and he's like "hell yeah", --- "then buy a f*cking turbo skyline or something with all the money u will be spending!!!!!" $10K Pulsar GTi-R, beast!

These people want fast, performance cars bcos they are trying to make their cars look like them!!! They admire Evo's, WRX's so much they want their cars to be like them. By the time they total up their bill, prob could have got a bahn storming SR20DET model.

you can use the each to their own line till u turn blue, but i will never understand it.

my friend is a fnf fanatic, he's lost count of how many times he's seen it. i blame that movie damn it!! :P he is full serious when he talks about fnf, it's like his bible!

I dont call it rice, I call it being a wanker.

If you dont have the go, why have the show?????

Put the money into mods that improve the performance of the car, dont turn it into a show pony.

If its got the go, sure, make it look the part, but otherwise where the hell are your priorities?

Imagine if you picked up a nice girl with massive tits, then got her home to find out the fun bags were just padding - you would laugh your arse off. I am the same with cars:p

Or old women dressing up as young chicks - it just aint right IMHO.

BUT if you got it FLAUNT it - and watch the stock V8 driving boys jaws drop when yo smoke em - sort of adds to the pain when they get wasted by a 'rice boy'.

thats just my opinion. It is your car.

Originally posted by morboost

wouldnt it be good some times to have a car that still turned heads but you didnt have to prove its got power all the time

These car's exist - they go by the alias of a race car. :( They turn heads, people assume (in my case incorrectly) they're fast.....only problem is, they lack alot of the creature comforts which make for a good road car. Ce la vie...... ;)

I was told rice burners applied to 4 cylinders and not 6 clyinder cars like a GTS-T.

If there in a commodore, just scream back - PUSHRODS, OR CHOPSTICKS, cause thats what is still in their engines since 1965!

And I agree also, whats with the huge monster tachoes on Auto VN commodores?

What the?

Golgo has stickers.

I put them on for MAS, but have left them there as they look kinda cool (manufacturer logos on the door & Golgo is Best!). Reverse on the other side for symmetry :(

Is your car - do it because you like it.

The reason the V8 guys originally fitted the monster tachos to their cars was to keep a more accurate eye on the revs and to stop over-revs (pre fuel cut outs). Monster tachs on autos? You bet. Autos are far superior for drag racing. Not possible to go quicker with a manual in the 0-400m.

It's kinda important to watch revs closley when you've got thousands of $ worth of drag or circuit engine screaming away in front of you...

Well I enjoy riceboys roaming the roads. Guys in kitted out hyundai's are more than fun to stomp at the lights or around a set of corners. It's even better when their girlfriend can't take her eyes off YOUR car..

We got a car cruise club. R.I.C.E

Stands for Rockingham Import Car Ethusiasts.

I reckon it pretty clever. We got heaps of different cars from skylines, nsx, civic, lancer and we let the odd ford/holden/hyundai etc com on cruises

lol funniest shit tha otha day at maccas... I roll up next to this kitted up accord in the car park, and I hear the driver go to his gf "stop checking his car out!". I was pissin myself laffin, i went in, got a fanta and then left and as I was leavin she kept here eyes glued on my car and smiles at me, and da guy gets out and slams his car door coz he was pissed...

• 1 month later...

fair enough, but what if some one does up the exel, lancer what ever and it looks the goods but still is mech standed, whos to say its not fast enough madey the single cam 1.8 is to much power for them so the just want to make it look good. There has to be some sort of respect to some one that can turn a standed mums shopping trolley into some thing that he can cuze with pride, dont you think. Like you park a standed r34 GTR and a standed exel side buy side with ones going to get more atention. But then you spend the remaning $90,000 on the exel then which one will people like more.

Morboost is i had 90,000 to spend on an exel i think i would get it goin a bit faster instead of wasting 90,000 on huge exhaust TIPS not exhaust systems only the tips and other lame shite like that, im all for looks but its got to be able to back it up with the grunt, im not a fan of stickers on the door, but thats me but at least u should actually have the parts, for christ sake u can by all those door stickers in a pack now from your local auto shop