SAU Community

Looking For An R34 Gt-r From A Dealer

R34_Wong

So I've spent the weekend hunting R34 GT-R's.

At this current stage, I'd like to get one off a dealer so as to cut to the chase and be able to offload my GTT (thus reducing the amount I need to pay).

The only two that are within a reasonable price range for me and that are in relatively good condition are the below two I think.

One is from GTA autos in City and the other is located at SSV.

Both seemed to have their pros and cons, but ultimately my light summary is:

GTA:

Pro - V-Spec model, White (I like my white), Some nice HKS bits.

Cons - Had some minor cosmetic issues (scuffs in the interior, paint looking a tad fadded and poorly resprayed stock GTR rims)

SSV:

Pro - Visually perfect, had modifications (TE37's and Ohlins suspension) which I was planning on anyway

Cons - Non V-spec

Both, I believe, are over priced compared to what they are worth on the market (but they have to feed their kids somehow).

I still haven't driven both cars as both dealers will want solid confirmation of potential purchase before handing the keys over.

Has anyone viewed these cars or can anyone provide some input on their thoughts.

I'm not rushed to get this car, as this car will be with me for a while and I'd like to not lose sleep over making the 'wrong' choice.

If anyone knows someone who wants to privately sell their R34 GT-R and would be willing to accept a GTT as part of the payment (Loooooong shot), please PM and let me know.

Again, thanks everyone.

Ben

Links:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer...id=12223C6A9C17

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer...id=12223C6A9C17

a game man to buy from a yard, very game...

private sale, if can't find, import. IMO

EDIT: just looked a both, and wouldn't buy either. Very pricey and neither have the front lower lip, which i'm guarantee you'll want at some stage. V-Spec didn't "appear" to have rear diffuser either. If SSV is the place i'm thinking of..... ah yeah.... say no more... the black one looks like they could have brought it in for high 30's.

i'm still sticking with private sale, if not, import.

or go nuts on the GTT and buy my injectors :(

Don't buy from a dealer, import privately.

Try and find an importer who would be willing to take your GTT as part of the payment, or dump the price and sell it privately. If you trade in at a dealership you will get hardly anything anyway. So drop the price a few grand below what other cars of similar value are going for, and it'll vanish overnight. Mine did.

Finally, if you insist on buying from a dealership. Call AADA and confirm that they're a member. If they're not, they're probably dodgy. Any reputable dealership would be sure to be a member.

There is nothing wrong with buying from a yard, I bought my GTR from a yard and when inspected by my mechanic only a road worthy items were found that needed replacing. However the car itself was a good example of a clean GTR.

It doesn't matter where you buy from just get it inspected properly (my mechanic is around the corner from SSV as well if you need it checked out).

That one at GTA looks dodgey and I would check that it actually is a VSPEC as there is a big difference in the R34's between the VSPEC and non VSEPC.

It is pretty easy to pic the difference but everything Vspec about that white one is missing! I am happy to show you mine and show you what to look for if needed.

I have bought a car from SSV in the past and although they are not that cheap all reports from them has been that they sell good genuine cars.

I'm not saying that all dealers are the same but I've seen behined the closed doors of one import yard and I can tell you now, what you see is most likley not what they got. Usually the look for CHEAP cars with minor damage etc and they fix them here. Doing this enables them to make maximum profit. Who knows what else may have been touched up and fixed. I've seen cars come in with doors and rear 1/4's smashed and fixed. I'm not saying a repiared car is no good but when they try to pass them off as never damaged that's not good. At least when you import yourself you get to see the condition of the car as it arrives at the docks and you can be more pickey. Not to mention the money you'll save. I've imported 2 cars and I can tell you it's worth the extra trouble.

Fair point on the car trade in though. I didn't have that much touble selling my 34 though, you just have to be realistic about price. What would you be asking?

I agree, when I bought mine you could see that that none of the panels had been painted, I took it home and detailed it up and it came out immaculate. I did see others however that has clearly just been sprayed, you really need to ask yourself why they were all sprayed up.

I also agree that they are $10k overpriced

As everyone else said...import your own or get someone trustworthy to import it for you.....

Of the two you flagged I would go the one without the "Nismo dash /Dial update and its associated haircut " THe white dialed one is sure to have more k's on it than shows.

I had a company called stateroads check out mine before purchased it. They are not cheap but very very thorough. I passed on the first two cars I looked at based on these reports.

The third car was a real peach...and after having had the cars checked I was able to buy with confidence.

I'd be happy with selling my car for 20,000k

It's a 2000 model with plently of quality/branded/expenssive go fast bits in it. I'm very certain the dealers would only give me 17k for it, but I guess the 3k loss would be partly due to the "I want it now" ability.

I'm plently happy to purchase one as an import myself, but at this stage have no connections or knowledge about the process.

Any help with this regard, is much appreciated.

Quote Matt: I know... and to think I bothered you for so long on the phone as well!

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get 17k for your car. Plus dont't forget you'll save on the personal import so you're actualy doing better off. Don't be worried about the import process, it's easy. The agent will do all the hard work for you :P If you are interested plenty of people here can help out and give advice.

I would advise you to stay away from GTA.

You might want to contact Iron Chef or Craig at J-Spec, both can be contacted here on through their websites. They can help you with the importation process.

If you really want to buy from a yard I'd suggest one that imports and complies their own cars, not a dealership that buys cars and then has them complied.

I'm quite certain that I want a V-Spec at this stage now. Hopefully there will be some private sellers whom are interested in taking the GTT as part payment.

Please, once again, feel free to PM me if you do see anyone who is selling their GTR.

Thanks again everyone.

I can vouch for SSV, agree with Ash that the price is probably a bit on the high side but I have not heard a bad report from them. They are an Aussie family run business (father and 2 sons) who delivered exactly what they promised. I bought my Evo from them and was very impressed with the service and attention to detail.

Importing is definately worth considering though, several forum members are in that game and can assist. :)

please send the details of your car through to me via PM.

Ideally, I'm hunting a clean example of a white V-spec/V-spec II. Preferably more stock than modified.

If anyone knows of such a vehicle, please PM me.

I'm not in a rush to get this as I want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks again.

If you are looking for one of the best R34 GTR's going around Mick from MiColour is selling his.

Lots less than any of the dealers and in way better condition.

You wont find much better than this basically standard one

Mick 0419 153 283 or MiColour 03 9555 8011