SAU Community

Intercooler Stencil

Hey guys,

I was looking at my car earlier this morning and I thought to myself, a stencil on my intercooler would look really cool. Has anyone done anything similar to this? I'm not sure if it can be done, but I'm really wanting to create a stencil of Astro Boy, similar to the image in my avatar. Might be incredibly time consuming to do, but i'm keen on doing it. Does anyone have any pointers or ideas that could help me? Has anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks guys.

Adam

I should be pretty easy.

Just draw up a pic of Astro Boy in Illustrator in Black and White and make it to whatever size you want it.

Cut out the black areas, line up the stencil on the intercooler and stick it down (Mask up area).

Then a light spray of black paint.

I have not done it but I have seen some intercooler with stencil paint work done on it... Like this one R32, the previous owner painted the FMIC light blue and had GTR stenciled in the centre.

the rice fairy strikes again
lol so you can make out to people that your Autobarn brand cooler is a Blitz/HKS/ARC one :)

Where did I say I wanted to turn my intecooler into a Blitz / HKS / ARC branded item?

If you don't have anything nice / contributory to say, don't say anything at all.

Cheers guys,

I should be pretty easy.

Just draw up a pic of Astro Boy in Illustrator in Black and White and make it to whatever size you want it.

Cut out the black areas, line up the stencil on the intercooler and stick it down (Mask up area).

Then a light spray of black paint.

I have not done it but I have seen some intercooler with stencil paint work done on it... Like this one R32, the previous owner painted the FMIC light blue and had GTR stenciled in the centre.

just do what this guy does but have your own little astro boy drawing insted of the sti logo like the guy in the link

Thanks guys, some good ideas there..

But that's not a STi intercooler... Is it...

:thumbsup:

lol, smartass : P

its a good idea if you want to spend the time on it

it seems good tho because you would have something original :pirate:

Thanks buddy,

I'm going to do it as soon as I get some spare time, so I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks for contributing to my thread : )

i put my forum name and logo on my cooler by simply drawing it onto paper cutting it out and then sticking it over the cooler. Stuck the cooler back in its box, leaving only the stencil exposed and painted away till i was satisfied with it.

I think i have it in my DIY thread. FMIC install the harder one under forced induction area????

Good luck man custom and simple but best bit is if you stuff it just turn it round or paint it all black.