SAU Community

Whos Going To Buy The New Liberty Gt?

Anyone else interesting in the new Subaru liberty GT? they coming to AU next month.

Are they worth to buy? As as everyday car. I hope the fuel doesn't cost too much.

And what's the difference between the GT and GT B spec?

The old model Liberty GT owners can you tell me what do you think of it and how many liter per 100kms?

any infos are helpful. :)

Not shure about the new models... but the old gt b had better suspension ( bilstein, or however u spell it) they had a different front bar and maybe brembo's.

mate of mine used to own a gen 2 legacy gt, i think from memory he got about 500ks to a tank. was only a 2litre though...

Edited by ih4xjesus

Not shure about the new models... but the old gt b had better suspension ( bilstein, or however u spell it) they had a different front bar and maybe brembo's.

mate of mine used to own a gen 2 legacy gt, i think from memory he got about 500ks to a tank. was only a 2litre though...

How long do you think the new subaru gt gonna last. can do 7 years no problem? I hate to change car every 3 years. coz i am worry abuot the warrenty. that's hwy I change car before warrenty expired so no big repair bills. but this time I just want to buy a good car and drive it for atleast 5years?

I have an 08 GTB wagon, its a great car. I get around 550ks around town from a tank.

STi computer

AVO TMIC

AVO Dump

HKS catback

HKS panel filter

Got plenty of go and is fantastic on the hwy, suspension is quite stiff.

Great cars, hate the look of the new ones.

The current model GT Liberty (MY09 model) is all sorts of win.

MY10 model Liberty/Outback is all sorts of fail.

I work for Subaru (well..not technically subaru..but we look after Subaru dealerships and i'm in the same building), and i don't know what they were thinking..but it's not right.

There's been a few downstairs...and i must say they're no better in the flesh than on photos

**Edit** speak of the devil..i just got handed a brochure for the new vehicles.

My god... they're just so horrible. Like i can kind of see..if you look at the new GT straight on, it could seem tough, bulky. HOWEVER...the rest of it is horrible

Edited by Black Widow

iv seen the specs the new GT spec B suffers in the looks department but it is a better car in every way. over 200kw claimed 0-100 in 5.2 seconds. so its fast. obviously not designed and tested on the track but they would make a good daily driver.

Personally i couldn't.

But for the GT and 3.6R versions, they now have:

- Push button start

- Rain sensing wipers

- Dusk sensing headlights

- 6spd Manual (This is on all versions of new Gen Liberty/Outback

Personally i couldn't.

- Push button start

- Rain sensing wipers

With the Push buttom start does it mean we don't need to push the buttom to unlock the door too? So we can just put the keys in our pocket and open the door when we are close enough to the door? like the Lexsus 250 2009?

I'm not entirely sure man.

I don't think so.

Because the push button start is activated by like a key card type thing (same as Renault's)

But i think there will still be a central locking remote for the doors

Personally i couldn't.

- Push button start

- Rain sensing wipers

As in 3.6L boxer engine? If so, that sounds mighty tempting...

As in 3.6L boxer engine? If so, that sounds mighty tempting...

boxter engine are better than Honda's V-tech engine?

I am helping my step mum to buy a car. We are looking at the Honda Jezz 2009 and Impreza R 2009.

I've test drived Impreza R 2009 already it has boxter engine i think? but the responds is really slow. Like I step on the acceleration hard and the power come out like 1 - 2 secs later. I haven't tested drive 2009 Jeez yet. but I've driven Civic sports and CRV their engine responds seems alot quicker than the Impreza R.

BTW where can I find reviews of Impreza R and Jezz 2009? Because I can't seem to find a site with their real fuel consumption.

boxter engine are better than Honda's V-tech engine?

I am helping my step mum to buy a car. We are looking at the Honda Jezz 2009 and Impreza R 2009.

I've test drived Impreza R 2009 already it has boxter engine i think? but the responds is really slow. Like I step on the acceleration hard and the power come out like 1 - 2 secs later. I haven't tested drive 2009 Jeez yet. but I've driven Civic sports and CRV their engine responds seems alot quicker than the Impreza R.

BTW where can I find reviews of Impreza R and Jezz 2009? Because I can't seem to find a site with their real fuel consumption.

Yesterday, I switched my 'Daily' from my trusty Honda Prelude VTi-R (2.2l) to a MY06 Subie Forester XT (2.5l)

Boxer Better Than V-Tec?

Ambiguous Q!

This could mean does one engine have less trouble than another or...

Does one perform better than another!

Bit like comparing an apple with an orange.

Anyway here goes...

Performance?

I see the Boxer engine as being more upgradeable than a V-Tec.

This happened even in Alfasud days = tweak this 'n that.

In the more modern engine though and taking that turbo OFF, I see the V-Tec (or even include the VANOS) engine as being superior.

The Honda NSX being a case in point. They can rev higher (up to 9000 easily) with that surge coming in at 3800.

Troubles?

I see V-Tec engines as a risk of blowing valve seals but...

I also see Boxer engines blowing oil seals.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my Boxer engine now with the turbo ON.

Just had to get a Forester to carry stuff - that's about it! :angry:

Good buy Terry. The MY06/07 XT Forester is by far the best shape. The new one is just all wrong.

As for issues, not sure how much i can say because of my job.

But yes oil seals can go (this is not specific to XT Foresters). I can't think of any issues with the XT.

WRX is a different story (depends on yr model etc)

Birds, yeah it is a 3.6L Boxer motor. That's all subaru makes. Boxer motors...or "Horizontally Opposed Boxer Engines"

Hugo18...Subaru.com.au should have fuel consumption figures for the Impreza on the website? If not...send me a pm..i'll look at the flyer when i get back to work on Tuesday. Or simply visit your local Subaru Retailer

Edited by Black Widow

Good buy Terry. The MY06/07 XT Forester is by far the best shape. The new one is just all wrong.

As for issues, not sure how much i can say because of my job.

But yes oil seals can go (this is not specific to XT Foresters). I can't think of any issues with the XT.

WRX is a different story (depends on yr model etc)

Birds, yeah it is a 3.6L Boxer motor. That's all subaru makes. Boxer motors...or "Horizontally Opposed Boxer Engines"

Hugo18...Subaru.com.au should have fuel consumption figures for the Impreza on the website? If not...send me a pm..i'll look at the flyer when i get back to work on Tuesday. Or simply visit your local Subaru Retailer

The fuel Consumption on all car dealer's website or flyer are lies. Because they control the car carefully when doing the test. not try to drive normally. So the real consumption should be more than what they say on the website? Still trying to figure out what I should tell my friend to get. They keep asking me.

Jezz or subaru they are same price. and my friend drives over 500km per week. if the subaru fuel con is much higher then that would mean they will pay $10 to $20 more per weeks?

Not sure about the Sydney Launch. I could probably sus it out though.

As for the Liberty questions Hugo.

The models of Liberty are:

2.5i

2.5i Premium

2.5GT

2.5GT Spec.B

3.6R

3.6R Spec.B (not sure about this one..haven't seen mention of it..but i assume because the 3.6R is replacing the 3.0R which did have a Spec.B version it'll be the same)

(NOTE: There may be models i've included that aren't being released, or i may have missed some)

They may decide later down the track to release a 2.5GT STi Edition which is what you saw. This is basically a GT Liberty on a better tune, hence STi

Not sure about the Sydney Launch. I could probably sus it out though.

As for the Liberty questions Hugo.

The models of Liberty are:

2.5i

2.5i Premium

2.5GT

2.5GT Spec.B

3.6R

3.6R Spec.B (not sure about this one..haven't seen mention of it..but i assume because the 3.6R is replacing the 3.0R which did have a Spec.B version it'll be the same)

(NOTE: There may be models i've included that aren't being released, or i may have missed some)

They may decide later down the track to release a 2.5GT STi Edition which is what you saw. This is basically a GT Liberty on a better tune, hence STi

what are the price for each version? I went to 1 dealer and that salesman told me the GT B 2.5 is gonna cost 70k+? wtf? he is riping me off?