SAU Community

R34 GT-Four RB26 Time Attack Build

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well after looking around for some rear brakes for mine (was mainly looking for R35 GTR rears or Alcon 4pots) which i couldnt find i decided why not put the 6pots on the rear :P

Which leaves me to these puppies i picked up the other night

8Pot Brembo Grand Terrizmo with 380mm rotors. They are actually all bolt on ready for a BMW X5, So custom dog bones and hats will be made.

You can see in the pics the pad design, its basically 4 small pads per caliper :)

tomonori51-img600x450-1294549632xduaje54708.jpg

tomonori51-img600x450-1294557545mavdlk80703.jpg

tomonori51-img600x450-12945575458uv24o80703.jpg

hey luke real good build man, very maticulas (spelling)

i think with the manifold matt mentions in his thread in the FI section that even chinese stainless manifolds flowed 50% more the stock and after porting could only get within 15% of the cheep stainless manifolds, lower half of page 6 i believe this is mentioned

Edited by ahh 33 s2

Sure am mate, Have already been ported out and hpc coated.

Reckon i should go different manifolds?

Are they Unique Autosports ported? I prefer the ported OEM manifolds over the stainless tomei and HKS style as you know. They will give better response and longevity. The 6boost are better again, will make the same power at less boost and less heat...also changed my top end considerably(extra 1100rpm of torque b4 drop off) But as you know they are a pain to fit. It wouldn't be a silly option to stick with what you have. Power wise you will have more than enough to go sub 1:15 without any issue's. It just comes down to how much boost you want to use to get there.

GTRS's need minimal exhaust restriction to punch past 500kw, that's the key. Side pipes are the only way to go. Noise level may be an issue as I did get pulled up on Sat.

Matt

Just got a mate to port them with a die grinder.

Plan to go twin Titanium side pipes (one off each turbo)

Will be good to see how the 6Boost manifolds go over time and weather they crack or not. Thats one thing why im staying stock so far.

• 1 month later...

Sure am mate, Have already been ported out and hpc coated.

Reckon i should go different manifolds?

firstly awesome build mate

i have the gtrs turbos with external wastes i also had standard manifolds with the r34 dump pipes with 22psi i made 410awkw and was only making power to 7800rpm i changed to hks manifolds and tomei dump pipes and a 3.5inch exhaust all the way through made 449awkw i think u should ditch the standard stuff my 2c worth

Are they Unique Autosports ported? I prefer the ported OEM manifolds over the stainless tomei and HKS style as you know. They will give better response and longevity. The 6boost are better again, will make the same power at less boost and less heat...also changed my top end considerably(extra 1100rpm of torque b4 drop off) But as you know they are a pain to fit. It wouldn't be a silly option to stick with what you have. Power wise you will have more than enough to go sub 1:15 without any issue's. It just comes down to how much boost you want to use to get there.

GTRS's need minimal exhaust restriction to punch past 500kw, that's the key. Side pipes are the only way to go. Noise level may be an issue as I did get pulled up on Sat.

Matt

not that easy to make 500kw or maybe the dyno i use doesnt bullshit lol

• 2 weeks later...