R34 GT-Four RB26 Time Attack Build

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not much to update, just a whole heap of more parts on the way. Currently over in Japan doing the whole touring of tune shops etc.

So to add to the list of items i have.

2x Bride Gardis3 FIA approved seats

2x Bride FX-type FIA approved rails

Takata Harness

Billion Power Steering Tank

HKS SSQ3 bov

Nismo Thermostat

Defi Turbo Gauge

Voltex 1700mm Wet Carbon GT wing

HKS Turbo to Pod induction piping

Tomei Intake headlight

WorksBell detachable bosskit

ARC Side Flow Air removel tank

+more to come

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate.

Just been spending the last couple of days gutting the drivers side doors.

Going to weld in a couple of thin rods on the doors to mount the acrylic windows and brace them alittle.

post-38653-0-77308500-1299760151_thumb.jpg

post-38653-0-69552000-1299760189_thumb.jpg

I say go all the way and weld the rear doors shut!

refresh my memory, do 34 sedans have doors with window frames? from memory they do. it should make fitting the lexan a fair bit easier. it's a bit of a bitch on GTRs as with nothing to support the top of the windows they flex a lot.

Yeah on sedans theres window frames so alot easier for mounting. Was thinking of welding the rear shut but I might wanna chuck tools in there if I'm going to a track day etc, not gonna make much difference I don't think.

no it wont, but if you did weld the doors shut it means you could basically remove everything (including latch etc) except the outer skin itself, could even remove the hinges with some thought. but yeah it loses a little bit of rear access.

Manage to weigh the rear door up tonight and comes in at 20kg, after i made it look pretty it weighs 10kg and front doors weigh in at 28kg and i got them down around 12-13kg.

:)

If only i had the patience and like most people the money to go nuts on my car a bit more.. 10-15k doesnt get you much these days so id hate to see the final bill on this.

You going to track it all around Aus or just go to whatever it is thats local to adelaide?