SAU Community

Learning The Basics

hey all

i just recently got into cars and i was wondering if theyres any good links that can help me learn a few of the basics with engine stuff

and also im looking for a good first car, i want to spend like 8 g max!

so hit me up with some ideas

As a first car i wouldnt pass up a honda or toyota; like an eg civic with b16 vtec engine, very simple to work on and reliable as hell....they boogey too....price will come under budget.

or i have my aunties hyundai excel for sale at 3500bux 01 model if your interested.

thanks for all the replies

urm the howstuffworks didnt really help :S

and just for a quick question, arent front wheel drives bad? people usually say theyre not as good as RWD?

s13, so many parts out there and so easy to pull apart and put back together. 8g will get you something alright but be prepared to spend lots in the long run.. best way to learn is to work on the car yourself. First by replacing cheap parts on the car like rubber hosing etc and working your way through the whole car to make sure everything is in top shape.

thanks for all the replies

urm the howstuffworks didnt really help :S

and just for a quick question, arent front wheel drives bad? people usually say theyre not as good as RWD?

and most of the people that say this A: haven't ever driven a fwd, or B: determine that they aren't as good because you can't do fully sick burnouts in them and get the back end out.

i have owned 5 fwd cars and driven plenty of others, and for general driving they handle just like a rwd. if you give it a bit of stick, they still usually handle like a rwd. if you drive like a bat out of hell, then they are a little bit DIFFERENT to drive. i say different rather than better or worse. they both have negatives and positives. and even then it comes down to so many variables. different fwd cars handle differently, just like different rwd cars handle differently.